Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fashion help for the clueless (details in post)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:40 pm
Edited to preface this by saying we're in Brooklyn

My oldest daughter's school is having their bas mitzvah program soon. I'm a very fashion clueless but desperately don't want my daughter to suffer for my ignorance. (My mother was like me. I wish I had learned to present better. My first bunch of kids were all boys and boy was that easier but I. Increasingly unhappy with how I look and don't want to pass it down) So help me out:

It's before pesach. Her winter clothes aren't looking perfect anymore, I'd want to get her something new. But all of the stuff coming out now is super super springy, and the program will be before purim. What to get? (Question 1)

Additionally, we've stuck to kidichic from birth to basically now. It's relatively inexpensive, meets our tznius requirements, lasts as long as I need it to, and works when I want to match the kids. But she says she wants something different and more mature. Ok. Where do I go that's still relatively inexpensive and will give us more choices? She's a slender size 12, sometimes 14 for length. (Question 2)

And finally, me. Can people who are relatively in style but not of the "I gemach everything out and buy an entire new wardrobe each season to the tune of $5000" philosophy tell me what frum stores they shop in? (Question 3)

(No judgement whatsoever on those who shop. I often wish I was geshikt and put together enough to look like that. I can't afford a whole new thing each season but do want to start, for my daughters sake, looking overall more presentable. Not sweatshirt, slinky skirt, sneakers all the time.)

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:43 pm
Get a darker skirt that can be worn all year round. Skirts and sweaters are very age appropriate.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:49 pm
For you check out kalmodest wear and japparel
Look at udel for your daughter

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Scarlet wrote:
For you check out kalmodest wear and japparel
Look at udel for your daughter

Thank you! I've tried japparel in the past, but their dresses do not work for my body type. I have not heard of kalmodest and will check it out.

She's too small for udel, we did try. Is junees Jr a good shot? Or fallons? (Names she's heard from friends, I haven't shopped either)

oneofakind

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:14 pm
Junees Jr is great for her.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! I've tried japparel in the past, but their dresses do not work for my body type. I have not heard of kalmodest and will check it out.

She's too small for udel, we did try. Is junees Jr a good shot? Or fallons? (Names she's heard from friends, I haven't shopped either)

I don’t have any daughters that age so not sure if I can help more with her but I love shopping!

Let me know what brands/styles work for you and would love to suggest some websites/stores for you

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:01 pm
This isn't specific advice but my daughter recently got a dress to wear to her cousin's wedding that is a thinner material but black based so she could wear it now in the winter with black tights but she'll iyh still get use out of it even in the summer with stockings and summer shoes.
Maybe try to find a compromise like that so you're not buying something for just this occasion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics