Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What are things you'll never understand?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:40 pm
[quote="Queen Of Hearts"]It's not that your counter isn't clean.
The package of chicken is not.

I always put any chicken or meat packages in or on top of a clear bag. There can be secreted juices running through the plastic wrap.[/quote

The outside should be. I look over chicken packages very carefully that's it's fully sealed and dry on the bottom after having to throw out chicken that smelled off in the past.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:19 am
amother OP wrote:
How men can be so oblivious to their surroundings

The lack of hygiene in people's kitchen's (packages of chicken on their counters) etc

ppl who don't appreciate their children as precious gifts and don't take care of them properly.

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:34 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
Do you throw them out? Flush them?

Throw them out, would never flush them

Cheiny

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:50 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Why so many women attach so much importance and invest so many resources in their beauty.

Even more mysterious: why so many frum women attach so much importance to their beauty.

Even more mysterious: why so many frum women judge other women by their appearance.

Not mysterious, in this context: the typical frum women inspection look, from head to toe and back from toe to head in order to judge other frum women.

Most women by nature care about their looks,

Cheiny

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:52 pm
amother Snow wrote:
I will never understand the concept of why clothes are 'in' or 'out'- why you need new clothes each season when last year's fit fine and why all kids need matching from fancy designer stores.
Or why you need 2-3types of meat for shab lunch when it used to be chulent and leftover chicken from Fri night. And why a pot noodle is a meal for kids?
And why 'standards' exist that are pure gashmius.
And why 'european' is some kind of higher class level (I'm european and we don't live like that)
And most of all why we all use plastic all the time unlike our parents/grandparents who washed up even without 2-3 dishwashers.

More women work now and juggle all kinds of responsibilities that the older generations may not have and therefore cleaning ladies are more common now as well as sometimes using disposables to save on time and extra work,

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:03 pm
how a bodekes is violating women.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't understand those people that try calling you 3x in a row. If you don't answer the phone the first time there's a good reason for it.

And then you do answer on the 3rd try because you think it must be some emergency otherwise why are they calling 3 times in a row? But they might see you answering on the 3rd try as a sign of success. Or they think you were avoiding them but finally answered.

Okay, here's a similar one that I REALLY can't stand. Really, really, really. There's a woman in my life who has no respect for boundaries. If I don't pick up the phone when she calls, she waits ten minutes and then calls back from an unfamiliar number, which I do pick up. She probably thinks she "won" by forcing me to answer, but the reality is that even when I am completely unavailable, I will pick up for unfamilair numbers in my local area code in case it is a school, teacher, doctor, etc. I can be sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor to come in and I will still pick up that unfamiliar number in case it's something urgent about my children, etc. That doesn't mean I have time for a conversation, only for something that could be critical. As a mom, I am "on call" 24/7 for my children, not for this lady.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:24 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
how a bodekes is violating women.

It's the act of a woman needing to go have their private parts examined that people find degrading.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:27 pm
extreme judgement when someone makes a mistake
have you never made a mistake??
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics