Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS boy's mesivta
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:34 am
amother Seashell wrote:
The Israeli charadim who are closest to what you are in America will not veer from the path of yeshiva ketana which means no secular education from about age 15. You either have to choose that or maarava/misifta. The later will have a range of boys some of whom are similar to you and some you may consider too modern/open. Still probably better to live in E"Y and pick one of these options than living in chul .

Thanks for this info.
Which Yeshiva ketana would you recommend?

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:49 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for this info.

You do realize that there are zero secular studies in a yeshiva ketanah?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:13 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
You do realize that there are zero secular studies in a yeshiva ketanah?

Yes! I want to know all my options!
My son is an excellent learner b'h! He has a strong background in secular studies from all his years in elementary. I'd have to weigh which direction we'd go in. My son also knows Hebrew pretty well.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes! I want to know all my options!
My son is an excellent learner b'h! He has a strong background in secular studies from all his years in elementary. I'd have to weigh which direction we'd go in. My son also knows Hebrew pretty well.

Wow BH, this is great.

Fwiw, I have seen many yeshiva guys without a strong high school education succeed professionally. For example my husband, got a btl and due to good LSAT scores, ended up in one of the top law schools in the country. Was in the top five in his class there, and has a good job now BH. It's not a unique story. I know of doctors as well, among many other professions.
He struggled and worked extremely hard to catch up in the areas that he was lacking. These skills (dedication, hard work, time management, etc!) you learn in yeshiva. And are much more important to succeeding in the general workplace, if that's the route your son ends up going. He can always catch up later. Might take him an extra year or whatever. So I would say the most important thing is to find him a serious place that aligns with your hashkafos than the intensity of the secular studies curriculum.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for this info.

There are thousands of yeshivos ketanos. Most people send close to home. (Not all though.)

ray family

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:59 pm
Most yeshivish boys do not go to mesivtas or schools that offer secular studies. Generally speaking, they go to yeshiva k’tana.
Some local options are ohr Torah where there’s a nice Anglo representation. Porush, less American but still a nice amount of English speakers. There’s also berenstein which is a bit less academic. Those are the main places that Anglo boys go to.
There are lots of other smaller places.

There is one school I think on Nachal maor ( I’m. It sure if it’s still around) , that caters to olim. It’s meant to run exactly like what you’re looking for a frum yeshivish environment that also offers lemudei chol.
I I I remember either the name of the rosh yeshiva or the yeshiva itself I’ll try to come back and comment

Last edited by ray family on Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 3:08 pm
ray family wrote:

There is one school I think on Nachal maor ( I’m. It sure if it’s still around) , that caters to olim. It’s meant to run exactly like what you’re looking for a drum yeshivish environment that also offers lemudei chol.
I I I remember either the name of the rosh yeshiva or the yeshiva itself I’ll try to come back and comment

Rabbi Waxman's yeshiva. I also heard something about it possibly offering some limudei chol, not sure if that happened. Here's a link with contact info: https://nachlasyy.org/index.html

Living in RBSA, I agree it sounds like the type of yeshivish you are looking for is yeshiva ketana type, and probably not such a good fit for yeshiva tichonit. But probably worth checking out all the options to see what is best for your son.

Hatzlacha rabba!!

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:20 am
Mesivta will not accept boys who aren’t fluent in Hebrew. They have lots of olim and it’s a great yeshiva but the boys come into 9th knowing Hebrew already

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:45 pm
What is a Yeshiva Tichonit?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:51 pm
amother Dill wrote:
What is a Yeshiva Tichonit?

A yeshiva that does bagruyot

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:30 pm
Thank you!

How can I find out more about "Mesivta" and some of the other schools mentioned here?

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:51 am
amother Dill wrote:
Thank you!

How can I find out more about "Mesivta" and some of the other schools mentioned here?

Google “Nefesh b Nefesh it’s-shayech” - it’s their chareidi-focused division. They have videos of different webinars on there, and there was one just put out today on this exact topic.

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:48 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
Google “Nefesh b Nefesh it’s-shayech” - it’s their chareidi-focused division. They have videos of different webinars on there, and there was one just put out today on this exact topic.

It says that the webinar is over and one can't access it anymore.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:52 pm
You could email them

itsshayech@nbn.co.il
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions