Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Dear Shul event organizers...
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:01 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
I don’t agree. In my community they’ve put together events for those working- to “strengthen oneself in the workplace,” learn on national holidays, to which those in chinuch were clearly not invited.
Not a big deal.
It’s important in fact, and acts as a support.

There’s a big difference between a community event that the subject matter won’t apply to everyone and an invitation only event.
The legal holiday events are well attended by those working in MO schools, kiruv roles etc. Yes a Rebbi in a local yeshiva school can’t attend but the goal is not to exclude him. Not so much with an invitation only event where you’re deliberately excluding a significant number of people.

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Amber wrote:
The mere fact that I (or my husband) has a specific role in the community is bad?
I never said anything about lack of acknowledgement of others, you added that. Why is it bad to have micro sects within a larger one? The fact that everyone needs Chizzuk should mean that kollel people shouldn’t get Chizzuk specific for that?

The telltale sign is that it was done in a secretive way. There is nothing wrong with subsets. But adverise it clearly. One week advertise members of our kollel, the next a special event to balance home and work life etc.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:37 pm
amother Amber wrote:
The mere fact that I (or my husband) has a specific role in the community is bad?
I never said anything about lack of acknowledgement of others, you added that. Why is it bad to have micro sects within a larger one? The fact that everyone needs Chizzuk should mean that kollel people shouldn’t get Chizzuk specific for that?

You are obviously biased as you are part of the group that is getting support and chizzuk. You just don't get it.
This was an exclusionary event. People with roles in the community are the ones who decide to put such things on. So therefore they pick who they include and it is them and their crowd!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:43 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
The telltale sign is that it was done in a secretive way. There is nothing wrong with subsets. But adverise it clearly. One week advertise members of our kollel, the next a special event to balance home and work life etc.

Exactly. It was secretive and when one person asked if I was going a 3rd person said it wasn't for everyone in the shul. So enough people were invited that I randomly was around 2 people who were. And I am friends with them so it wasn't like we run in completely different circles...
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette