Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I have gained so much weight and can’t lose !!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:00 am
I need to lose a solid 30-40 pounds at this point . I can’t believe I weigh this much! (I’m 5’1 and 158). I seriously never saw that number - and I’ve been pregnant many times BH.
I guess if I truly stuck to a very strict diet maybe I could - but it’s just so hard. My dr recommended the weight loss injections (wegovy I think) .
Should I just try it? She said in 3 months her patients are losing 20 pounds and it just resets them!! I wish I can do it on my own but I don’t think I can! Any advice or experience appreciated!!

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:16 am
I am your height and weigh more than you and I don't love how I look but I wouldn't dream of taking the shots. I'm sure they have their time and place but I wouldn't risk thyroid cancer and stomach paralysis at the weight and health I'm at now. Unless you're already insulin resistant and didn't mention it??

You might find this interesting.
https://www.scientificamerican.....mpic/

shanie5

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:40 pm
No need to starve to lose weight. Cut out sugars (real and fake) and grains. Eat full fat. Meat, cheese, fish, eggs, butter. Stay away from carby vegetables. And limit fruits which are nature's candy.
Fill up on the protein and fat. It's a myth that fat makes you fat.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:32 pm
Under a doctor's care, if you're medically cleared I suggest taking shots. I finally did after being afraid for so long. Being overweight isn't "safe".
On Ozempic TOGETHER WITH a strict diet (minimal calorie intake of only healthy foods, with cheats only on Shabbos) I am finally able to lose weight. Lost 20 lbs in 10 weeks. It's been really hard work but at least I'm loosing. Dieting alone has not worked for me for the last 8 years. There is no "medical reason" why I shouldn't be able to loose weight.
The injections curb my appetite and seeing results helps me continue.
I lost a few pounds the first few weeks and then 1/2 lb to a lb most weeks.
As pe4 my dr, shots don't work for everyone but I am happy I tried it and BH am seeing success.
(This is no quick fix...I still have 50+ to loose...)

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:39 pm
I’m 5ft and in the 140’s. I’m considered overweight.
The only thing that has worked for me is to cut out sweets, pasta and pizza. Also stopping to eat every evening by 6pm aside for drinking water or tea.
Lately I’m having a hard time sticking with it but when I do stick with it I lose very nicely.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:43 pm
I have heard from people that lost weight with the shots that long term everyone seems to gain back the weight if they stop taking and there are long term use side effects of continuing taking. I am pretty sure there are no good short cuts in the long run.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:33 pm
Wow, amother winterberry - that is so amazing to hear , and motivational. Did you have any negative side effects? I find that sometimes I eat and I’m not even hungry. Do the shots really make you not want to eat? I’m thinking I’m going to give it a try. If I can lose 20 pounds in 3 months, that would help me in so many ways .

amother
Moccasin

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 4:29 pm
I'm 5' 11'' and I weigh like 237. It's so so so hard to stick to a plan.. I also have pcos. if someone has advice id greatly appreciate it.

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow, amother winterberry - that is so amazing to hear , and motivational. Did you have any negative side effects? I find that sometimes I eat and I’m not even hungry. Do the shots really make you not want to eat? I’m thinking I’m going to give it a try. If I can lose 20 pounds in 3 months, that would help me in so many ways .

I had minimal side effects. From others I've spoken to, everyone reacts differently.
I had nausea first few days and craved
salt after initial dose and after upping it. I stayed on .25 until I started getting hungry more often (8 weeks) also, slight stomach cramps, constipation, also only in the beginning.
I do still get "in the mood of eating " and will take a protein like cheese, yogurt or chicken or fruit and not cake/Cookies/chips like I used to.
However, the shot definitely reduced my appetite a ton and it's easier to resist temptation.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:08 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
I'm 5' 11'' and I weigh like 237. It's so so so hard to stick to a plan.. I also have pcos. if someone has advice id greatly appreciate it.

I am about your height but weigh a lot more. also pcos.
I do intermittent fasting and very very low carb and have been losing weight BH finally!!!!

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:32 pm
I'm supposed to do that but it's so harddd

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:27 pm
Thank you for posting this! I struggle soo much… compulsive overeater… the weight is just sticking after this baby… it’s been a while already. I never weighed this much for this long. I really don’t feel good. Aside for not liking how I look, I’ve developed a lot of physical pain in my joints… knees, hips, legs, and I developed overactive bladder. I really think my extra weight is just too much for my body and yet I can not stop eating!!!

I’m scared to take the shots…
Following this thread for advice.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:29 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
I do intermittent fasting and very very low carb and have been losing weight BH finally!!!!

How many hours?
What do you eat that’s low carb… I love carbs..

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:34 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Thank you for posting this! I struggle soo much… compulsive overeater… the weight is just sticking after this baby… it’s been a while already. I never weighed this much for this long. I really don’t feel good. Aside for not liking how I look, I’ve developed a lot of physical pain in my joints… knees, hips, legs, and I developed overactive bladder. I really think my extra weight is just too much for my body and yet I can not stop eating!!!

I’m scared to take the shots…
Following this thread for advice.

Following too. What scares you about the shots?

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:35 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
Following too. What scares you about the shots?

The side effects. I already have stomach issues… and I’ve read that there can be major side effects relating to gastrointestinal…

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:35 pm
amother Anemone wrote:

Can you share some of what you eat and or avoid? Also similar height weigh more, and have not been able to lose anything

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:54 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
How many hours?
What do you eat that’s low carb… I love carbs..

I eat from 12-8.

I also love carbs, but when I stopped eating carbs, after a week I didn't have the cravings for it.

I eat carb-free or low carb fake pasta with sauce and cheese
almond flour coated shnitzel and salad
salmon and cooked vegetables
hamburgers (no bun) and grilled vegetables
greek salad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise