Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Manifesting vs Being Realistic about your life

lk1234

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:37 am
When I was younger I had many ideas of how my life would play out particularly regarding my career path. As I am nearing middle age it's clear to me - the job I thought that I'd have, I don't have.

At the same time I've studied and taken courses on manifesting and very much subscribe to the belief that I can manifest my desires.

How do I balance my desire to manifest the life of my dreams with the facts of my life.
I work x job now and I'm okay with it but it's not my dream job. At my stage in life my dream job is literally impossible to achieve.

I'm kinda ok to give up my desire and almost want that to be the answer since I feel almost like a constant pressure to maybe take this course, or maybe go to that college to get that degree. All this since I never "officially" gave it up. I want to give it up so I can free myself to be happy with my life right now. Can I do that? Can I just give up my dream and still believe in manifesting?

lk1234

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 4:13 pm
Just wondering if anyone has any insights on my posts? All thoughts are welcome Smile

lk1234

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:23 pm
bump - anyone have any insights? I'm all ears Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

notna

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:38 pm
lk1234 wrote:
bump - anyone have any insights? I'm all ears Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Can you explain what manifesting is and how that affects this decision? That would help give feedback. Thanks.

synthy

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:38 pm
Maybe I don't know enough about manifesting, but to me it sounds like telling G-d what to do. I just pray that
He should give me whats truly best for me Smile

Goldengoose

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:40 pm
I don't believe all manifesting works in the way they say it will. there are no promises in this world. you can do your best, adjust your dreams, try to compromise somehow or keep hoping it'll come true but don't rely on that. Hashem is above manifestation.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:45 pm
I think emunah is where it’s at- knowing Hashem is in charge and asking Him for what you want and need and also acknowledging that if it doesn’t work out, it’s because Hashem knows that what’s best and for our good

chanatron1000

I don't understand how manifesting isn't just a form of magical thinking.

purplebunny

Trust that it (or s/t that will make you similarly happy) will somehow happen when you least expect it and without you putting in any out-of-your-way effort.

And as you know, an important part of manifesting is being happy and at peace with what you have now, so lean into that.

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:46 pm
I don't think there's such a thing. We do our best and make our choices but Hashem ultimately decides.

momoftwo2

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:49 pm
As someone whose life is anything like I've ever dreamed, and not in a good way, I think the key here is acceptance. Manifesting sounds nice in theory but it isn't magic. If you think there's still a chance to pursue your dream career, look into your options. It's never too late. But if you realize it won't work, the next step is accepting where you are at now. It's a process, and I'm also working on it, but I feel that this is the way to find peace and true happiness.

carnation

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:52 pm
If you post your dilemma in an anonymous enabled thread then you'll get more input and ideas.

First Lady

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 1:25 pm
I think part of manifesting is acceptance, surrender and letting go.
Totally giving it all over to Hashem. And being at peace doing so.

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 3:26 pm
I've joined a class that was about manifesting and growing our dreams. So first is the vision, goals. Then you need to align your dreams with your self circumstance and re-evaluate to see if it's still a match at this time, if it could be attainable bsyata dishmaya to take steps towards it to achieve it or to see if this dream aligns with your values, in this timing, if it is realistic and still something that you want or would work if not readjust to new goals or narrow down your dream to something more realistic and doable

momsprince

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 5:04 pm
If you got what you want it's because of Hashem's direction, if you didn't get what you want it's because of Hashem's protection.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:51 am
lk1234 wrote:
When I was younger I had many ideas of how my life would play out particularly regarding my career path. As I am nearing middle age it's clear to me - the job I thought that I'd have, I don't have.

At the same time I've studied and taken courses on manifesting and very much subscribe to the belief that I can manifest my desires.

How do I balance my desire to manifest the life of my dreams with the facts of my life.
I work x job now and I'm okay with it but it's not my dream job. At my stage in life my dream job is literally impossible to achieve.

I'm kinda ok to give up my desire and almost want that to be the answer since I feel almost like a constant pressure to maybe take this course, or maybe go to that college to get that degree. All this since I never "officially" gave it up. I want to give it up so I can free myself to be happy with my life right now. Can I do that? Can I just give up my dream and still believe in manifesting?

If this post is too old, I apologize and will erase.
It took me a while to get back to you, I dont know how old you are. Nearing middle age could be 35-50?
I do know that if manifesting means obsessing over something you dont have until you get it, you may have an unhappy life. The Torah teaches us to be happy with our lot איזהו עשיר השמח בחלקו
But this seems like this is something you subscribe to so I will assume you have figured a compromise.
We all have our dreams and we should acknowledge them. Not all of our dreams are attainable or sustainable or even good for us, so wwe should acknowledge that as well.
How can you compromise your dream job into something that is attainable, sustainable and good for you - without hurting anyone?

This might be the Yetzer Hara (Yes I still believe he is out there) getting you to give up on the good life you have to search for something unattainable. Remember the Dog and the Bone story?
The YH often makes us think that the life we have is second best, and most octogenarians that I know tell me that when they look back at their life, they know that Hashem gave them the very best.
You may have gold, make sure you are not trading for silver.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:58 am
I think your desires may have changed. It's almost like you're asking for permission to not have to want it anymore.

I find when I discern and clarify what I really want, is how I get what I want.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:25 pm
How about replacing the word manifest with bitachon?
I believe and trust that Hashem will give me all that I need and maybe desire.
If a person truly wants something they get it. Ein davar omed mipnei haratzon, if it's not the correct version, it's a form of it so please excuse it.
It also says, that if you put away your ratzon to do Hashems ratzon, he will do the same with you or something like that.
So, you are allowed to have desires and wants and you really should ask Hashem for it and believe that He will give it to you, however you need to believe and trust that whatever Hashem ultimately gives you is only for your good and you wouldn't want to have it any other way.
Don't believe in YOUR manifestation, believe in Hashems ability to give you all that you request of him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics