Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Have never been so tight financially in my life
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 3:51 pm
A series of serious life events plus a serious drying up of business leads and I just realized that I have a water bill due that I literally cannot pay. Like zero money. I guess I can save time deciding how much to spend on each teachers purim gift this year because um....there is zero to give. I belive in Hashem. I really, really do. He's the one who changed my fortune and He's the one who can change it back but right now at this extremely expensive time of year....HELP! Thanks for listening.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:26 pm
I feel you!

It's been a hard few months here. Behind on so many bills it's overwhelming to think about it. Struggling to put food on the table literally.

Today I got a possible job opportunity that might be really helpful... I hope so, but we won't see the money any time soon.

May this Purim (and even before) be a real Vehahapoch Hu for you so you suddenly DO have to stress about how much money to give to the teachers! (Will $180 each be good, or should I give $200 even if it's not as nice a number?)

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
A series of serious life events plus a serious drying up of business leads and I just realized that I have a water bill due that I literally cannot pay. Like zero money. I guess I can save time deciding how much to spend on each teachers purim gift this year because um....there is zero to give. I belive in Hashem. I really, really do. He's the one who changed my fortune and He's the one who can change it back but right now at this extremely expensive time of year....HELP! Thanks for listening.

Do you live in Lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:40 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
Do you live in Lakewood?

In that area.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:40 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I feel you!

It's been a hard few months here. Behind on so many bills it's overwhelming to think about it. Struggling to put food on the table literally.

Today I got a possible job opportunity that might be really helpful... I hope so, but we won't see the money any time soon.

May this Purim (and even before) be a real Vehahapoch Hu for you so you suddenly DO have to stress about how much money to give to the teachers! (Will $180 each be good, or should I give $200 even if it's not as nice a number?)

Amen!! Would love that stress! To you too

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:45 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I feel you!

Grabbing that Bracha, too. Amen!

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:55 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I feel you!

Just my thought $180 is a nice number for a donation, not so much for a tip!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:01 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Just my thought $180 is a nice number for a donation, not so much for a tip!

This year I can't give 1.80 so not even thinking in that direction. Still don't know how this happened....

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
This year I can't give 1.80 so not even thinking in that direction. Still don't know how this happened....

Same boat! It’s ok Joey Haber has a great speech about the financial hardships many of us are in right now. It’s exactly where we are meant to be

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:15 pm
amother OP wrote:

I can relate. I have never ever been this tight. I always lived pretty nicely, and we right now have literally zero money
Nothing to do, except daven. I know with certainty that we’ll be more than fine, but I need to zelle a friend and I literally can not right now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:27 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
Same boat! It’s ok Joey Haber has a great speech about the financial hardships many of us are in right now. It’s exactly where we are meant to be

Thanks. I'm less worried about the 1.80 for the teachers than I am about the water bill...the cc...matza...camp. Hashem is my very wealthy father. He knows. This is a very new experience for me and its a little scary

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
In that area.

Hopeorg.org is an organization that's supposed to give people temporary help if someone lost a job or there's a crisis in the family.

If you feel comfortable, reach out to them for $$ help.

Iyh one day soon you can pay it forward.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:17 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
Hopeorg.org is an organization that's supposed to give people temporary help if someone lost a job or there's a crisis in the family.

If you feel comfortable, reach out to them for $$ help.

Iyh one day soon you can pay it forward.

Thanks for the tip. So overwhelming to even think in that direction. I've been giving monthly to hope.org for years. Sad

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:18 pm
amother Carnation wrote:

Can you please link? Thanks

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:20 pm
I believe LRRC has emergency funds for utilities

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:30 pm
Wow that's me but in a worse situation back logged in rent electricity in tuition and no I don't own a car Bungalow and never went on vacation don't even know how peasach will be with out a penny and we don't have any program so yes it is hard my home phone was shut off already what's next and on top of everything this has an effect on our marriage and can't even go to therapy Sad Sad

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:35 pm
Just to add I don't even know how we are going to be able to make a seuda on purim and how does hashem expect me to be happy on the most happiest day of the year I wish there could be a group to go collecting for us on purim and help us out with at least $7000 to get on our feet between bills and day to day expense

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:39 pm
Sorry for everyone going through tough times!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:45 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Wow that's me but in a worse situation back logged in rent electricity in tuition and no I don't own a car Bungalow and never went on vacation don't even know how peasach will be with out a penny and we don't have any program so yes it is hard my home phone was shut off already what's next and on top of everything this has an effect on our marriage and can't even go to therapy Sad Sad

It's so hard. I don't even know what to say. How oh how is this supposed to happen?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:47 pm
I for some reason thought you meant your body was tight. I guess I read too much romance TMI
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics