Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Washing negel vaser

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 8:46 pm
At what age did u start to wash nv w/ ur child? (im posting anon cus im embaressed that I haven't started yet)

Tehilla

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 8:47 pm
birth

Dini

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 9:06 pm
I think that you are supposed to from the time that the child can understand, I don't know for sure. my daughter is almost two and I don't always. I shld really but she always wants to eat breakfast right away. She does not like the detaur.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 9:07 pm
Dini wrote:
I think that you are supposed to from the time that the child can understand, I don't know for sure.

in Lubavitch, I was taught to do it right away, along with davening with the child. just to add where I'm coming from.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 9:14 pm
I do as soon as they can stand up by the sink (on a chair) by themselves. I have yet to figure out how to wash a baby's hands without giving them and me a shower!

Dini

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 9:17 pm
that can be tough, when I gave birth to my son, there was this rebetzin that went around in the hospital and gave out segulos and stuff and when she saw that I had a boy she went and washed him negel vasser because it is a segulah to have the bris on time. So I tried to do it every morning until his bris. I tried to continue but it was really hard because I would get all wet.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 9:17 pm
my mother did it from the time her kids started solid food. I kind of followed suit.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 10:44 pm
boys-birth

girls-a few months old

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 11:21 am
Flowerpower, why the age difference between boys and girls?

My mother always started as soon as we were walking. I did that too. I've been told that it prevents them from falling and hitting their heads a lot during the day.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 11:55 am
I did it from birth as well ... however not after every nap - just first thing in the am ... I'm not a sexist same for boy and girls ...

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 8:51 pm
I used to have a book (disappeared) piblished in Hebrew and English published by Feldheim. There they say that Rav Moshe Feinstein also suggests from birth. That is what I did.

jewmama83

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 12:30 am
I suppose I should be extremely embarassed. My son is 2 and we have not yet taught him negel vaser. I guess now that I think about it, if he is saying brachos and davening I should really be teaching him to wash his hands in the morning. Wow, I just never thought he really needed to be doing it until he was 3. Now I feel stupid!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics