Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chassidish cheder in Monsey
Previous  1  2

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 6:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
What is the difference between neutral chassidish and chilled chassidish?

Neutral is solid chassidish families but don't belong to a specific sect.
Chilled is long wigs/fall/ponytail wigs, nail polish, not so careful with hair covering, father doesn't dress in chassidish levush, trimmed beard...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:05 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Don’t even bother trying to get into imrei bina, they don’t even send applications cuz they have no room. And if you don’t know what type they are it means you have no pull there so you have no chances.

My boys are there, we were from the first ones when the cheder was established , but I don’t think you need more pull here than other solid cheders

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I hope my son won’t have learning issues, it’s too early to tell. Is that their only downfall? I know their secular studies have dropped drastically but what about discipline and bullying?

I have two children who both ended up suffering badly in the last few years. I regret sending there . Won’t go into detail.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:34 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Talmud torah D'monsey is a mix of more chilled chassidish & more neutral chassidish.
Sanz is a mix of very chassidish & neutral chassidish.

Is this Rabbi Moskowitzs’ cheder? Is this the boys version of Derech Yisroel?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:42 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
I have two children who both ended up suffering badly in the last few years. I regret sending there . Won’t go into detail.

I’m sorry you’re through this.
Would you expand privately in dms?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:47 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes, but they do have a better parent body & finer families than BDY.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:29 am
What about munkatch?

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:39 am
My son is in vien. They are going very chassidish in recent yrs. I doubt I wud be accepted today:) for example -they want kitah zayin in long sleeves starting this summer, like the really chassidish cheders. They took away the English Jewish book library and replaced it with only Yiddish language books. Many of the new parents are coming from Williamsburg and many have covered sheitels. It's a great cheder, with a good name, but definitely has changed since yrs ago which is a shame. We are happy there but we could use more mainstream chassidish options. The secular department has gone downhill, quite a bit. I'm disappointed with my son's knowledge as compared to my brothers education in the same cheder. Imrei shefer is more mainstream, some more to the right and some more to the left, good balance. Imrei binah is more similar to old vien but very frum. (doubt u can wear nail polish or have a longer sheitel or smartphone) Bais rochel graduates crowd and u will need pull to get in. Be'er yeshaya is more modern chassidish for lack of a better word. Don't know enuf abt rabbi moskowitz's cheder to comment. Good luck!

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:42 am
amother OP wrote:
yea

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:43 am
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Chilled meaning
Nail polish
Trimmed beard
Watching at home
Very munkatch cheder type
munkatch changed a ton

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:45 am
Neutral is solid chassidish families but don't belong to a specific sect.
Chilled is long wigs/fall/ponytail wigs, nail polish, not so careful with hair covering, father doesn't dress in chassidish levush, trimmed beard...
some of these things don’t belong in the same sentence- like trimmed beard is not at all on the same level as not being careful with hair coverage.

tobee

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:50 am
Every person will have their own opinion of what constitutes neutral and what is chilled...

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:50 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
munkatch changed a ton

Not really besides that to get in you need to give $50,000

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:23 am
amother Currant wrote:
My son is in vien. They are going very chassidish in recent yrs. I doubt I wud be accepted today:) for example -they want kitah zayin in long sleeves starting this summer, like the really chassidish cheders. They took away the English Jewish book library and replaced it with only Yiddish language books. Many of the new parents are coming from Williamsburg and many have covered sheitels. It's a great cheder, with a good name, but definitely has changed since yrs ago which is a shame. We are happy there but we could use more mainstream chassidish options. The secular department has gone downhill, quite a bit. I'm disappointed with my son's knowledge as compared to my brothers education in the same cheder. Imrei shefer is more mainstream, some more to the right and some more to the left, good balance. Imrei binah is more similar to old vien but very frum. (doubt u can wear nail polish or have a longer sheitel or smartphone) Bais rochel graduates crowd and u will need pull to get in. Be'er yeshaya is more modern chassidish for lack of a better word. Don't know enuf abt rabbi moskowitz's cheder to comment. Good luck!

The really chassidish cheders, the boys need to be in long sleeves from kitah beis-gimmel. Kitah zayin is considered late for chassidish cheder.
How are Williamsburg people getting accepted to Vein? They give such a hard time accepting their own. I guess they give lot's of money??

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:26 am
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Not really besides that to get in you need to give $50,000

They did become more chassidish in the past few years & made stricter rules. I think because the yeshiva's didn't want to accept boys from Munkatch.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:27 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
some of these things don’t belong in the same sentence- like trimmed beard is not at all on the same level as not being careful with hair coverage.

It often goes together. By trimmed I mean basically shaven but it's still visible that there's a beard.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:39 am
They did become more chassidish in the past few years & made stricter rules. I think because the yeshiva's didn't want to accept boys from Munkatch.

Munkatch yeshivah is garbage. At least it was till 2 yrs ago. And the cheder had a better name. Interesting why they wouldn’t wanna take their own boys.

tobee

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:50 am
The really chassidish cheders, the boys need to be in long sleeves from kitah beis-gimmel. Kitah zayin is considered late for chassidish cheder.
How are Williamsburg people getting accepted to Vein? They give such a hard time accepting their own. I guess they give lot's of money??

Vien Williamsburg (which was always a lot more chassidish than monsey or b.p) and 'fancy' Williamsburg that can afford to pay to get in. Also heard they aren't letting new mothers drive, can't confirm . As far as the chassidish levush, I know that belz is kitah zayin. Vien was always later so it's a change to note.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Munkatch yeshivah is garbage. At least it was till 2 yrs ago. And the cheder had a better name. Interesting why they wouldn’t wanna take their own boys.

Munkatch yeshiva is not garbage. Please don't use the word garbage on yiddisha bachurim.
And I meant other yeshiva's, not Munkatch yeshiva. Other yeshiva's didn't want to accept boys from Munkatch cheder.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:20 pm
Munkatch yeshiva is not garbage. Please don't use the word garbage on yiddisha bachurim.
And I meant other yeshiva's, not Munkatch yeshiva. Other yeshiva's didn't want to accept boys from Munkatch cheder.

This makes more sense.
Garbage may have been a harsh word. So to explain what I meant by garbage, there’re lots of bucherim there that shouldn’t be around innocent bucherim that are trying to be good. Said bucherim are there either because their parents send them or they just wanna be part a descent yeshivah for their ‘name’ or whatever but are not interesting in learning at all, instead all they do there is expose innocent boys to the worst of the worst and the menahl does nothing (maybe he tried to do something but definitely not anything affective to protect the innocent ones) And I know this first hand. Don’t get me wrong, these bucherim deserve a future too, but maybe in a more compatible yeshivah. There are other yeshivahs that are tailored for them where they can actually shine and parents with the innocent bucherim don’t send there.
Again, all this was true 2 years ago not sure how it is today.
I don’t wanna change the topic of this thread just wanted to explain myself.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics