Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you give vaccines if your child has a cold?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:00 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
My child was a preemie, in and out of hospital for first 3 years of his life. He was fed via NG tube, was on oxygem, picc lines, IVAB and caught everything going round..and everything that wasn't going round.. One of his bouts of chicken pox landed him back in hospital as they were infected.

blood tests for immunity showed low levels, I havn't got the results to hand but trust me, they were low. Some of the vaccines my dr said to wait, but those that were safe for him he said not to delay even if he had a cold. Not having them was worse, he weighed up each one on a case by case basis.

Wow!
We dealt with a lot of that too…

Thanks for explaining what low immune system meant in your case. Op and some others mentioned low immune system, so was wondering what they meant with that.

Same thing about vaccines- we were in touch with ID to see which are most important to give even when dc was sick.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:14 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Wow!
We dealt with a lot of that too…

Thanks for explaining what low immune system meant in your case. Op and some others mentioned low immune system, so was wondering what they meant with that.

Same thing about vaccines- we were in touch with ID to see which are most important to give even when dc was sick.

Sorry you went thru all that. Sounds like you had a good doctor.

I'll probably get kicked off this site for saying this...but my pediatrician says that people who won't vaxx because of all the 'research' showing it's dangerous and all are actually selfish because it keeps unnecessary illnessess around for children like my son who are prone due to prematurity and low immunity.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:22 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:

I'll probably get kicked off this site for saying this...but my pediatrician says that people who won't vaxx because of all the 'research' showing it's dangerous and all are actually selfish because it keeps unnecessary illnessess around for children like my son who are prone due to prematurity and low immunity.

Wonderful doctor!

Yeah… don’t get me started here lol! But I’m very vocal about it irl. Unfortunately I get to see the other side often- of those suffering with vaccine preventable diseases affecting those that are immunocompromised…

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:10 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:

Its not logical to say that. Your dr sounds like they are speaking out of emotion.

No matter how many advances in medicine there are, the world, the entire globe, will never be sterile.

Better to get passionate how to help boost low immunity to get stronger, than blame every African child who comes to visit your country.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:58 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Its not logical to say that. Your dr sounds like they are speaking out of emotion.

No matter how many advances in medicine there are, the world, the entire globe, will never be sterile.

Better to get passionate how to help boost low immunity to get stronger, than blame every African child who comes to visit your country.

They give vaccines in Africa and Latin America
In El Salvador the rebels and the gov. would stop fighting on vaccine day so that everyone can get vaccinated.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 5:00 pm
amother Teal wrote:

He's not talking about African children. He's talking about those who have no reason not to vaxx but just follow the crowd.

And he's the most logical person around, certainly not speaking from emotion.

And ftr I do plenty to boost my childs immunity. The two are not mutually exclusive.

marineparkmom

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:58 pm
Absolute not
I’m shocked by the number of parents who said yes
My doctor does not give vaccines if the kid is the slightest sick including a cold
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics