Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Jewish Ghetto Rome Food
Previous  1  2

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:55 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
My husband and I did a nice walking tour (on our own - it was an audio guide) that started near the ghetto. We actually had dinner in yotvata and then did the walking tour which took us to all the main sites in the area and I think ended at the trevi fountain. I would recommend something like that for the night you arrive, you would probably need a stroller though it'll be quite late for your toddler.

Rick Steves has an app you can put on your phone with the walking tours for free, it has that tour that starts between Ghetto and Synagogue.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:14 pm
I think that is a more realistic plan. However, I'm not sure of what you plan to see at Castello Sant'angelo or if you just want to walk near the Tiber. It contains Hadrian's tomb and then the inside is a museum with medieval weaponry and other historical artifacts. It was built both as a tomb and a fortress. The hours are listed as 9am-7:30pm. Unless I'm not understanding where you are staying, the Trevi fountain and Piazza Navona are on the same side of the Tiber as the Ghetto. So I don't think that you would cross a bridge there to visit those sites. https://www.rome2rio.com/map/J.....ntain
Definitely, try to get a few of those sites in. However, there are interesting things to see and eat! in the Ghetto, so you should also be fine if that's all you do combined with a taxi past the Colosseum and the Arch. BTW, Italians love Bambini and if you see our favorite waiter, Nino, at Yotvata, tell him he has international fans. Just one final point, check to make sure that none of the restaurants is closed to clean for Pesach. Have a wonderful trip and come back and tell us all about it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics