Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
S/o do you have triplets, quads….

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 3:24 am
They say that twins (and I assume all multiples) have their own “language” when they’re babies and have a very close relationship with one another, not only as babies but when they get older as well.
Question to those moms of a singleton and then multiples or vice versa
Do you think or feel that the singleton is missing out in terms of relationship? Meaning does the singleton feel left out because the multiples have their own close relationship while the singleton doesn’t have a pair?

happy7

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:31 am
A friend of mine is a triplet. She actually has an identical twin, and the other triplet is not identical to them, she does look a lot like them though. She says they were always three together, and shared a language of communication and connection, and the others close in age did feel separate.

She said they were like that until high school.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:42 am
My twins say they “hate” being twins, but other days talk about having “twin telepathy”

Their bother right on top of them definitely feels left out.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:47 am
My MIL AH was a twin and they were exceptionally close. Not even a question.
I don't know about the other siblings (she also has twin brothers and triplet siblings, but there are also some singletons.)

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:51 am
I'm an only child married to a twin, and I have twins in the middle of singletons.

My DH knows how to share his life, which is great for marriage. I had to learn that.

He always had someone to do things with, never had to do things alone. I was always alone facing the world.

Sometimes I feel a bit like a third wheel, DH is very close to his twin.

I do think they are extremely lucky to have each other.

I know the siblings next to them felt very left out when they were growing up, and it had lasting effects on self confidence etc.

My own twins - they definitely play more together than the others and help each other a lot. But the way our family is structured, with the age gaps, we have other "pairings", and those that don't have a pair don't seem to mind, yet, at least.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more