Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Poll: Do you have triplets/Quadruplets/Quintuplets
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Do You have
Triplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Triplets - with fertility treatments  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Quadruplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quadruplets - with fertility treatments  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quintuplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quintuplets - with fertility treatments  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Started a higher order pregnancy and then lost one or more - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Started a higher order pregnancy and then lost one or more - Fertility treatments  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Always wished to have higher order multiples  
 84%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 58

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 9:58 pm
Twins have become the new 'normal' (still huge bracha and very hard to juggle) but I am wondering if triplets and other higher order multiples are still a thing. I know that in the 90's they were 'common' since IVF was still figuring itself out so to speak. If you feel comfortable posting more I was always curious about multiples.

happy7

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 10:13 pm
Twins are more common than they were in the past, but they are not the new normal. Most people still don’t have multiples….

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 10:20 pm
A classmate of mine had triplets within the last 5 years.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:22 pm
Someone I know had twins and triplets.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:22 pm
I have twins.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:30 pm
I have twins, and there are lots of twins in my extended family. I personally had medicated cycles due to infertility (not ivf, in fact, if I had IVF I wouldn’t have had twins), but my extended family there are many who had twins naturally. It’s in our family, for generations.
I do have a sister in law that has triplets, and 2 of the triplets are identical and the third doesn’t look anything like the other 2. I find it fascinating. I don’t know anyone personally with triplets or more.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:39 pm
In my first pregnancy after very low dose fertility meds, I miscarried triplet empty sacs. I had singletons first, but also ended up with a set of twins, also from the type of same treatment.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:56 pm
I really, really wanted twins...but I never wanted triplets or more. That's too many at one time (for me).

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:01 am
I had twins who died in the fifth month. Does that count?

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:13 am
I know family with quads.

Does anyone know a family with quints? Other than the bakers of baker's dozen??

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:37 am
the results are really interesting. Because every time a poster wrote that she wishes for twins, there were a whole bunch of posters 'not understanding' how someone could even want twins Wink
Seems like everyone who doesn't have a set "Always wished to have higher order multiples"

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:38 am
amother Midnight wrote:
I know family with quads.

Does anyone know a family with quints? Other than the bakers of baker's dozen??

I was in seminary with 2 girls that were quints with 3 boys. They are from Toronto and we are in our 30’s. 😃

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:45 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
the results are really interesting. Because every time a poster wrote that she wishes for twins, there were a whole bunch of posters 'not understanding' how someone could even want twins Wink
Seems like everyone who doesn't have a set "Always wished to have higher order multiples"

I have twins and definitely wished for triplets or at least another set!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:48 am
amother Poppy wrote:
I have twins and definitely wished for triplets or at least another set!
Very Happy

tweety1

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:48 am
amother Maple wrote:
I have twins, and there are lots of twins in my extended family. I personally had medicated cycles due to infertility (not ivf, in fact, if I had IVF I wouldn’t have had twins), but my extended family there are many who had twins naturally. It’s in our family, for generations.
I do have a sister in law that has triplets, and 2 of the triplets are identical and the third doesn’t look anything like the other 2. I find it fascinating. I don’t know anyone personally with triplets or more.

My neighbor has triplets like these. They're older. Probably around 16/17.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:50 am
amother Maple wrote:
the two who look alike probably got much more attention from people. I feel bad for the one who doesn't look alike. But when they're adults I think the one who looks different will appreciate being different.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:53 am
I have relatives who recently had their second set of twins, child #10&#11.
My mils neighbor had quadruplets girls. Before that, they had twins. And the oldest was a singleton.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:08 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
I had twins who died in the fifth month. Does that count?
that's so sad. What happened? was the pregnancy up until the loss going smoothly?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:13 am
There is a woman in monsey that recently had number 10 11 12 triplets. They're around 6 months old now.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:29 am
My mother used to tell me about her neighbor in EY who had triplets twins and triplets and had 8 kids under the age of 3, this is for real. It could be it was twins triplets and twins but was at least 7.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more