Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Almost EVERY shirt I own is stained!!!
Previous  1  2

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:41 pm
Mimisinger wrote:

This is what I thought - re. the dryers, but re. the shout, if I can't see the stains before they are washed, how can I spray them?

You can't. Confused Unless you want to spray the whole shirt which would be annoying... If the stains are only on your tops and nobody else's you can't blame the machine or the detergent. Maybe the lighting in your laundry room is at fault???

Nomad

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:51 pm
yeah I use to have those "mystery stains" too. they looked like small oil stains but the shirts had no oil on it to begin with. then I stopped using dryer sheets and the "mystery stains" stopped! try it!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:54 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I also had a whole bunch like that and I threw them out. I don't care because it gives me more of an incentive to lose weight. Those were my "fat" clothes Confused LOL . Now, I have nothing to wear, though Rolling Eyes .

I never use dryer sheets.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:14 pm
Hmmm should I try liquid detergent? Or use nothing, then there's so much static cling. I never used liquid before, but I'll try anything.

daisy

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 9:07 pm
I agree with hanging the shirts to dry. You can even try this with the shirts you already have that seem stained. Next time you wash them, hang them to dry instead of putting them in the dryer. There's a good chance the stains won't be apparent.

octopus

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 9:10 pm
daisy wrote:
I agree with hanging the shirts to dry. You can even try this with the shirts you already have that seem stained. Next time you wash them, hang them to dry instead of putting them in the dryer. There's a good chance the stains won't be apparent.

yes, I did this, too, and you can't see the stains anymore.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 9:11 pm
Ok, I'm convinced. But do you still use softener in the washer?

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 9:34 pm
I hang up my shirts to air dry. Once they are completely dry, I put them in the dryer with a Bounce sheet for a few minutes on low (or no) heat to remove the stiffness. I don't know if it helps with stains, but it certainly keeps the shirts from wearing out too quickly or shrinking. It works with skirts too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry