Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Master bath vanity- one or two sinks?

lovemykid!

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:43 am
Doing new construction and need to do decide on master bath vanity- we have the space for a 72 wall to wall but not sure we need the second sink and then you lose counter/drawer space. Also extra money in plumbing. But impossible to find a single sink vanity in 72 inch unless you go custom which is much more expensive. I found some nice 60 inch single sink vanities but is it ok to have a 6 inch space on both sides? Contractor said it’s not enough for built in shelves even if I push vanity to one side. If you have two sinks do you find it helpful or not necessary? Do you have a vanity with 6 inch space to wall and does it look ok? Any thoughts or advice is really appreciated

The Happy Wife

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:18 am
Sometimes you can get drawers that go next to the vanity and it looks like one piece in the end. Personally I love having two sinks, but it's true that you don't have as much storage space.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:32 am
I would personally go for one sink with counter space and drawers on both sides. In cabinets that would be something like 21" drawers - 30" sink - 21" drawers. Definitely more expensive than buying a single piece from Wayfair or similar, but nearly all semi-custom cabinet companies offer the arrangement I described, and some stock cabinet lines do as well.

blueberry32

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:54 am
I would pay the extra money for custom with one sink, if you can afford it. So worth it in the long run to have more space on counter and more shelving space.

tichellady

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:42 am
We love having two sinks but that was very clear to us so you might be different

eduardo

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:44 am
blueberry32 wrote:
I would pay the extra money for custom with one sink, if you can afford it. So worth it in the long run to have more space on counter and more shelving space.

Agree

Also if the whole point is more space, I dont see how it’s productive to get the smaller vanity, which will have less space altogether. At least the bigger size even with two sinks, will still have more storage. There’s still plenty of space under the sink, it doesn’t take up much room mostly just counter space

But if you can find an affordable choice for the large size with one sink, that’s the best option for you it seems

H2O

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:45 am
How bout a trash can on the side
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics