Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Share your story...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:37 am
Hashgacha Prutis: Share a story or a situation that looked bad when it happened, and later in you saw the benefit it, a good thing that came out because of this challenge.

I'll start: I needed to move from my tiny dingy apartment, I couldn't find anything decent in the area I lived so I moved to a different neighborhood. I really didn't want to move away, and had loads of anxiety the day we moved away.
Bh, my DH and son love this area, my DH got a great job here, we feel less judged or peer pressure by the neighbors, so many benefits happened, which we wouldn't have had in the old neighborhood.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:32 am
Dh was offered a new job. Much better position, equal or even eventually more pay. He wanted the job but offered to start off part time and gradually build up to full time. He claimed he couldn't just leave his old job. He's too involved in the place. I kept on nudging him to leave. He wanted to be a bench and do it the right way. He lost the offer because of this. I was very upset. Fast fwd a half a year later and that company fell apart.
Fast fwd a week or two after he found out that the company fell apart, he was offered an even better position, in a field that's his passion and love and soul, they’re willing to work with dh with whatever terms he gives them. They just want dh to work for them in any capacity.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:34 pm
Such nice stories. Mine is a bit different but I was reminded of it at an appointment yesterday.

Basically about 7yrs ago I tripped and many months later my neck was still bothering me so they sent me for an MRI. My neck was fine but they spotted a pituitary tumour.

I had it removed and because it was early it caused me less problems than it otherwise may have.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational