Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Homemade Iced Coffee for MM
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:46 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I do it every year. I make it 1-2 days in advance and keep it in fridge. I buy 5 or 8 oz bottles on amazon. It comes with a funnel to pour in and seals beautifully.
I bought Starbucks imitation labels with my family’s name on labelit.
I dont make 150 mm so not sure about that. I usually put it all in one a box with ice packs. I write dairy in small on the mm. Either on the coffee or on the other food I make. I always hear back how my mm were devoured.

Hope it helps!

Thank you!!
Can you explain what you mean about the 5 or 8 oz bottles. A link maybe?

greenteaorange

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:26 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I do it every year. I make it 1-2 days in advance and keep it in fridge. I buy 5 or 8 oz bottles on amazon. It comes with a funnel to pour in and seals beautifully.
I bought Starbucks imitation labels with my family’s name on labelit.
I dont make 150 mm so not sure about that. I usually put it all in one a box with ice packs. I write dairy in small on the mm. Either on the coffee or on the other food I make. I always hear back how my mm were devoured.

Hope it helps!

Can you link the amazon bottles please

greenteaorange

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:27 pm
I’m trying to execute this this year but it’s still expensive
One year I used mason jars and made a big thing or cold brew and funneled the cold brew into mason jars. The coffee was black no ice or milk in it.
The mason jars are not so cheap though
Anyone have cheap bottles that are sealable they can link

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:38 pm
Kaderron 48pcs 8oz Plastic Juice Bottles with Caps, Empty PET Disposable Plastic Bottles Bulk with Black Tamper Evident Lids for Juicing, Drinking and Other Beverages https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BF.....ss_tl
Still not cheap....bust best price I found so far!

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:06 pm
I would put them in the freezer overnight a d let it melt a little tin the morning and give half frozen

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:10 pm
OP, you may want to consider homemade iced tea instead. It's more stable outside of a fridge, is pareve, and goes well with muffins. It's sold at Starbucks too!

(For the price of the bottles, you could probably get cans of Arizona or Liptop iced tea. But that doesn't tie as nicely with your theme.)

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:17 pm
I have an easy ice coffee recipe, very simple and delicious.
For 1/2 gallon of red milk:
3 heaping tablespoons of coffee
5 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar

Pour a little milk in a plastic cup. In a separate cup, combine all ingredients, add hot water and stir to dissolve. Pour it into the bottle, taste of course, and adjust sugar levels if necessary.
Pour the extra milk back in the bottle

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:21 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
I have an easy ice coffee recipe, very simple and delicious.
For 1/2 gallon of red milk:
3 heaping tablespoons of coffee
5 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar

Pour a little milk in a plastic cup. In a separate cup, combine all ingredients, add hot water and stir to dissolve. Pour it into the bottle, taste of course, and adjust sugar levels if necessary.
Pour the extra milk back in the bottle

You can add to this recipe 5 tablespoons chocolate syrup. Adds a good taste to it.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:19 pm
I’m making this recipe

https://mishpacha.com/family-t.....java/

And I’m putting it into these bottles

DANALLAN 33pcs 16oz Plastic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN.....ss_tl

The syrup can be made in advance, I plan to mix it with milk not more than 1-2 days before Purim which this year would end up being motzai shabbos.

gr82no

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:47 pm
The cheapest way to package it os probably on the clear slurpee kind of cups.
Prelabel all the cups
Make the ice coffee leave it in the milk bottles. Transport with ice packs in a cooler.
When you arrive at the house pour it into the cup then, this way you dont have to worry about spills

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:49 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
I’m making this recipe

https://mishpacha.com/family-t.....java/

And I’m putting it into these bottles

DANALLAN 33pcs 16oz Plastic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN.....ss_tl

The syrup can be made in advance, I plan to mix it with milk not more than 1-2 days before Purim which this year would end up being motzai shabbos.

This doesn't come out cheaper than buying the J&J iced coffee.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:03 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
This doesn't come out cheaper than buying the J&J iced coffee.

Who said anything about cheaper? I’m making this because it tastes good. Simple as that 🤷‍♀️

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:16 pm
Put brewed coffee in bottles without milk that’s what I did last year and doing again Trader Joe’s has an iced coffee granules in a jar just add water and keep in fridge ..people will add their own fresh milk and sugar as they like

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
But there is no substance to that. I need two real food items. Muffin can be one... I wouldn't count creamer, coffee granules or sugar as a food. And what would fill up our cups? (Ugh, this is why I hate themes. I've given such nice homemade MM that were frugal so delicious in the past. But I have a house full of teens BH and they are making their feelings known...)

How about a mocha muffin, chocolate bark with coffee drizzle (homemade not expensive), and an instant coffee packet and 2 sugar packets- all packed in a nice coffee cup, and wrapped in a cellophane bag?

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:27 am
amother OP wrote:
I would love to give the J&J but they are way out of my price range. I'm already stretching my budget this year for my kids happiness but the item has to be something homemade or cost about $1. Any other ideas what can go in a coffee cup, with like a muffin? We give close to 150 MM.

Coffee flavored candies?

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:58 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
This tastes delicious. You just add the syrup to a bottle of milk (and then transfer to Wtvr bottle you’re using). Did it a couple years ago, worked out great

https://I.imgur.com/Xg49LoG.jpeg

This is very good. It has a rich flavor. But I do think it’s not sweet enough for people who like sweet iced coffee. I usually add a packet of Splenda to each cup.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:35 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
This is very good. It has a rich flavor. But I do think it’s not sweet enough for people who like sweet iced coffee. I usually add a packet of Splenda to each cup.

Really?
I have such a sweet tooth, always put a ton of sugar in my coffee, and love it
Lol makes me feel better 😂

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 9:05 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Really?
I have such a sweet tooth, always put a ton of sugar in my coffee, and love it
Lol makes me feel better 😂

Hmmm… my sweet tooth really is out of control. But even my kids agree that it’s so much better with a little Splenda/stevia added. Some stores probably don’t make their iced coffee so sweet so I guess it’s whatever you’re used to.

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 12:57 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Conceal.....=8-16

I make them every year, and put them in these. They seal perfectly and don't spill. I make thme a day or two in adance, and they last in the fridge at least another 2 weeks.
I make cute labels on zazzle that say ice coffee

I put them into a big cellphane bag with a flatish homebaked item (chocolate chip sticks, peanut chews, etc) and sometimes a small chocolate.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics