Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
When someone says they stopped eating

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 8:57 am
"Processed foods" what does that mean?
They don't eat cereal, pretzels, crackers, use ketchup/teriyaki/BBQ sauce?... What do they eat/use instead?
I'm trying to clean up my diet and I keep hearing about "Processed foods"

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 8:59 am
Everything homemade using clean ingredients. No junk oil, whole grain flour, natural sugar ect.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 9:11 am
amother OP wrote:
They don't eat cereal, pretzels, crackers, use ketchup/teriyaki/BBQ sauce?... What do they eat/use instead?

They eat things like scrambled eggs and sliced veggies for breakfast, salmon quinoa salad for lunch, grilled chicken, broccoli and baked sweet potato fries for dinner. Everything seasoned with EV olive oil, natural salt and fresh crushed garlic type of thing.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:52 am
I buy ready made things that have very clean ingredients. I consider them minimally processed. Example, coconut secrets Teriyaki sauce, or wellbees barbecue sauce, potato chips made with potatoes and avocado oil (not diet food per se, but clean as far as snacks go, for the kids), date and nut bars that have like 3-5 ingredients, hu chocolate, dried fruit and fruit leathers without added sugars and natural flavors, things like that.

agreer

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:58 am
amother OP wrote:

yes they give up all that stuff.

They eat oatmeal and snack on fruit and veggies . carbs are quinoa, sweet potatoes, legumes etc

it's just like it sounds...nothing processed!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:03 am
It means little to no packaged foods.
The extremity of it may vary.
For me it means the focus of my diet is proteins (meat, chicken, fish, eggs), vegetable, fruits, nuts and seeds. I use some minimally processed products in small quantities. Things with very few ingredients - nothing with things I can't pronounce or identify and definitely nothing with crummy oils or corn syrups, dies, etc.. The majority of my processed foods are things like avocado oil, vinegars, seasonings.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:02 pm
No bread?

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:03 pm
How do people do it?
With kids and work and so many other things to do I can just never find the time to do 3 meals plus snacks all from scratch?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:41 pm
I saw a nutritionist to help me. you have to decide what you can make and what you can buy, and what you can use in a pinch.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:43 pm
amother Viola wrote:
How do people do it?
With kids and work and so many other things to do I can just never find the time to do 3 meals plus snacks all from scratch?
It's a lifestyle shift, but once you get used to it it's not that complicated.

Also we live in an age where there are many, many clean products on the market that are fairly unprocessed. You can replace everything you normally eat with a cleaner option. I don't know anyone that makes their own ketchup, but you can buy organic honey sweetened ketchup.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:47 pm
amother Viola wrote:
How do people do it?

Cook hard eggs Sunday. Grab hard eggs to go and a packet of instant organic whole grain rolled oats. I use the boiling water at work to make my oatmeal. Sprinkle with salt and tastes delicious like warm rice.

Fish I also cook Sunday and lay over a salad night before to bring to work with quinoa or other cooked grain I cook on Sunday.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:47 pm
in the mornings I have eggs with cucumbers, coffee, iced tea and a fruit. lunch is a plain yogurt with nuts and seeds, baby peppers dipped into cream cheese or humus. dinner is a piece of fish or chicken, green salad and a roasted vegetable.

it's not too hard.

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:05 pm
I make baked oatmeal and warm up a piece every day for breakfast. Google baked oatmeal for recipes

cupcake123

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:11 pm
It means they read ingredients. So if the package says guar gum, red #40.... it's full of chemicals. You'd be surprised it's in everything bread, lox,...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise