Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Skirt/dress length - how long?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:22 am
I'm not so good at following styles... how long are people wearing this season? Is everybody still doing maxi? (Lakewood)

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:24 am
Yes, maxi for shabbos and weekday

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:06 am
Please wear what looks good on you, looking good is always in style. So many women look terrible in maxi, yet must wear it because it's in style. You need to have a certain figure to carry maxi well. Wear what you look good in.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:37 am
My teen DD is pretty tall so has a hard time finding long enough maxi - she says they all hit her awkward length. Saw a lot of midi in some secular trending stores (e.g. zara) so was hoping that was carrying over to frum styles...

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:06 am
amother Daylily wrote:
Please wear what looks good on you, looking good is always in style. So many women look terrible in maxi, yet must wear it because it's in style. You need to have a certain figure to carry maxi well. Wear what you look good in.

Hmmm… but what if you have a great figure and look good in all lengths? And you just want to know what’s trending?

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:54 am
Or what if OP just cares more about being stylish than looking “good”? I never get these responses to posts about trends.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:03 am
amother Daylily wrote:

I have a big behind and am short, you might consider me one of those who don’t look good in maxis. I couldn’t care less. Wearing a maxi means no tights required and that is life altering in the summer.

I hope you don’t look at people like me and assume we’re dumb and just follow trends. That’s really not nice.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:05 am
amother Broom wrote:
I have a big behind and am short, you might consider me one of those who don’t look good in maxis. I couldn’t care less. Wearing a maxi means no tights required and that is life altering in the summer.

I hope you don’t look at people like me and assume we’re dumb and just follow trends. That’s really not nice.

I have the same figure as you & only wear short.
I don't assume you're dumb, but our figure does not look good in maxi/midi length.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:06 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Hmmm… but what if you have a great figure and look good in all lengths? And you just want to know what’s trending?

Then that's great!

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:09 am
amother Daylily wrote:
I have the same figure as you & only wear short.
I don't assume you're dumb, but our figure does not look good in maxi/midi length.

In the summer, comfort is my priority over looking my best.

Happens to be though, I find certain denim maxi skirts to be elongating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics