Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
This is what weight loss shots have done
Previous  1  2  3  4

Bubby6

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:13 am
amother Crystal wrote:
I'm so nervous now. Do you know the name of the drug? I've forgotten what one I took with my 16 year old but I was given it in Israel. I was very very sick with my first pregnancy in particular, and these drugs definitely helped a lot. When I was back in the UK for Pesach my doctor wouldn't prescribe them to me, he said I shouldn't be taking them! Ouch.

I think the mothers that took DES are now in their 80's. It was taken between 1940-1971.

Monyka02

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:35 pm
While it's challenging to resist the allure of quick fixes like weight loss shots, I remain committed to my approach.
I opt for natural supplements. I've been taking Berbaprime, a plant-based supplement, which costs $60 per month, making it a more affordable option for me. Berbaprime supports weight loss by aiding metabolism and promoting fat burning. You can read about its pros and cons here. Just like any supplement, consult with your doctor before taking it.
In addition to Berbaprime, I prioritize balanced nutrition and regular exercise. I focus on incorporating whole foods into my diet, such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. I make sure to stay hydrated and limit processed foods and sugary drinks.
I also do yoga and cycling, which helps me stay consistent. I aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.

Last edited by Monyka02 on Wed, Apr 03 2024, 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 6:16 pm
Whether ozempic or counting calories/working out, they are both long term forever propositions. You can’t stop eating well and working out and think you won’t gain all the weight back. Once one reaches goal weight, there is always maintenance. Sometimes that’s the hardest part. It’s silly to believe that you can ever stop the shots. Or stop dieting.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 7:21 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Everyone can make their own choices when it comes to these weight loss meds.

Personally, I am at a point where my next option is surgery. So meds are a less risky option to try. Unfortunately they don't work well for me. I don't have bad side effects (hardly any side effects at all) but I don't feel a massive effect on my hunger. They do *something * but not enough.

And about the moral superiority regarding the "old fashioned way", I am so sick of hearing about this. As if it's a real option. I have lost and gained 70+ pounds 3x over my lifetime. I doubt that has done any good for my body. I don't believe constant, intense restriction (which is what dieting the old fashioned way is) is good for anyone's mental health. It hasn't been good for mine.

Watch Oprahs special on Hulu. She explains it's a real disease.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 1:52 pm
Talk to me when ur down to a 1200 cal diet and need t work out a few hours a day to NOT GAIN WEUGHT. Keto was the only thing that helped me maintain. It was so hard and it had other hard side effects I couldn’t deal with. The shots are not easy AT All. I am nauseous most of the time. I have no choice if I don’t want to be 350lbs in 5 years this is my life.. stop judging on ur white horse

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:39 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Everyone can make their own choices when it comes to these weight loss meds.

Personally, I am at a point where my next option is surgery. So meds are a less risky option to try. Unfortunately they don't work well for me. I don't have bad side effects (hardly any side effects at all) but I don't feel a massive effect on my hunger. They do *something * but not enough.

And about the moral superiority regarding the "old fashioned way", I am so sick of hearing about this. As if it's a real option. I have lost and gained 70+ pounds 3x over my lifetime. I doubt that has done any good for my body. I don't believe constant, intense restriction (which is what dieting the old fashioned way is) is good for anyone's mental health. It hasn't been good for mine.

Same. I'm sick of the moral superiority being regurgitated. Some people have NO CHOICE. This is less scary than surgery to many people.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:21 pm
amother OP wrote:

Disclaimer: yes there are people who have tried everything to lose weight and their bodies don't lose the weight of people with serious diseases that losing weight will reverse. I am not referring to these exceptions. I am talking about every Yom d!ck and Harry on weightloss shots.

Excuse me, but who are you to decide who's a "Tom d!ck and Harry on weight loss shots" and who (you decide) TRULY needs them for drastic reasons. You have no idea what comorbidities they have or what their overall health is like.

And honestly, why do you care? If it's helping people feel better and lose weight then just put it out of your brain if it's not something you want to do. Live and let live. There's no right or wrong way to lose weight. Everyone should do what they feel comfortable with.

Signed,

Someone who needs to lose a bunch of weight but won't go near those shots because I'm afraid of side effects (but also I'm genuinely happy for my friends who are comfortable to use them and are getting healthy, feeling better, and losing weight)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise