Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What age can they wear a dress?
Previous  1  2

Is she too young for a dress?
yes  
 63%  [ 54 ]
no  
 36%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 85

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:44 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
My friends 2year old looks like a 5 year old (super super tall )and looks ridiculous in rompers . She always looks like she’s at the beach wearing a bathing suit . My friend was like I’m not putting. 2 year old on dresses or skirts. Well.. she should have…

Yeah, on that in between stage between dresses and rompers you put your kids on shorts and tees in the summer.
There are adorable short shorts for girls.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:44 am
It depends if it interferes in her activities.
Can she still climb steps in it without falling over?
Can she climb in the playground without it getting stuck under her?

If it doesn't interfere, I think it is cute. But I generally wait until they are a bit older and steadier on their feet and it doesnt get in the way.

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:52 am
Babies can be dressed any way you like. I might hold off with the dresses until they were a bit older because of the cold (Unless summer was really warm and floors not cold) and when I had more children I would dress them in onesies Because it was easier.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:01 am
DD is almost one. I have a dress that looks cute on her, but it gets in her way. A very short dress with leggings or bloomers looks adorable and she's comfortable.
She has a ruffled velour overalls set for shabbos. Rompers are cute untill baby is fully walking.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:45 pm
It really depends on the dress. A cute mini dress with bloomers underneath looks so cute once they start walking. Not sure why everyone is so anti.

imaima

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 3:18 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
My daughter is 18 months and although dresses aren't my preference, if I see a really cute one I can't resist buying it, I don't care if other people don't like it.

Same
I have them wear dresses even if they don’t walk

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 3:26 pm
I think they look adorable in a cute little dress, more than rompers. It should be slightly shorter so as not to impede movement.

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 3:27 pm
I had my girls after many boys so I loved skirts and dresses when they were toddlers. The right dress is so so cute.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 4:30 pm
I really only like dresses from around age 2 and it has to hit above the knee. I don't like how it looks long. Also, around 2 my girls often start to care about what they wear. My 2.5 YO LOVES dresses, so it's a win-win for me.

ChalieB

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:30 am
I love putting my baby in little dresses, started when she was three months old and now she's a year.
I sent her to gan today in a sleeveless dress on top of her onesie and leggings. It's so cute with her pigtails!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics