Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Monsey: RSVP vs Dulcetto vs Fireside vs Peppercrust vs Ridge
Previous  1  2

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 5:53 pm
Fireside is always updating their menu, I go there quite a bit and always find something new and tasty. That said, Peppercrust gives more of a steakhouse vibe.
Dolcetto supposedly changed chefs so maybe their food has improved but I'm not interested in going back there to be disappointed again.
RSVP is all about the visuals, the vibe, the service but they did not bother focusing on the food itself (or the drinks; for a bar that's floor to ceiling, there is a shockingly limited selection.)
Peppercrust wasn't one of the restaurants you listed but I think you should consider the fact that most people's responses included it regardless. I also think they have the best desserts.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:13 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
I know the designer and they have no idea what burlesque is...

That’s quite obvious. I imagine if they knew what it was they would have not ended up with the finished product they did.

Doesn’t change the energy in the room though. Those private booths with a camera???? What’s the point of that? They should redo the packaging of their moist toilette cuz it looks like a condom.

Genius

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:22 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
That’s quite obvious. I imagine if they knew what it was they would have not ended up with the finished product they did.

Doesn’t change the energy in the room though. Those private booths with a camera???? What’s the point of that? They should redo the packaging of their moist toilette cuz it looks like a condom.

Say one positive thing about them. Otherwise it almost looks like you have an agenda here.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:39 pm
Genius wrote:
Say one positive thing about them. Otherwise it almost looks like you have an agenda here.

The gold and green is beautiful. I loved the brisket appetizer.

synthy

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:09 pm
I’ve been to Ridge, Fireside, and Peppercrust.
Ridge - Very upscale, food was ok but nothing mind blowing. But to be fair I was there when my sister was about to get engaged and I was too excited/nervous to fully enjoy the food.
Fireside- Great food, but the vibe is a lot more casual. The tables are very close together and it gets noisy.
Peppercrust was the most recent one I visited so it might just be fresh on my mind, but I liked it best. Food was phenomenal, the waiter was super friendly (I usually feel like a peasant when trying to order food in a steakhouse lol), and I really liked the private seating.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 5:50 am
I do not live in Monsey but in the summer we are upstate and go to visit Monsey quite a bit.

Was blown away by Peppercrust. Flavors blew my mind and ambiance…we got one of the booths in the back and it was so private and peaceful

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 1:10 pm
another vote for Peppercrust!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 1:16 pm
I really liked Dolcetto. They have a new room so the seating is better. The atmosphere is so Cozy and the food was really good!

My second choice would be Fireside.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 1:20 pm
Another vote for peppercrust!

Fireside is significantly cheaper than the other ones so it’s not a fair comparison- our bill for a couple is always 100$ more at the others for less food. So we go there if we’re not going for a particularly special occasion.

Was never at rsvp but don’t like the ridge.

Dolcetto felt super overpriced for hit or miss food. Like the ambience on a quiet night in the back room. Terrible when crowded.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:36 am
We went to rsvp and LOVED IT!! Their custard passion fruit dessert was out of this world !! We really had a great experience!

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:08 am
Went to RSVP. Was amazing beyond.
Gorgeous place, stunning plating. So much thought in every dish. The food was out of this world delicious. Was a next level experience. Very very pricy but you do feel like you get your monies worth.

enjoy!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 12:14 pm
I was pleasantly surprised with The Ridge about a week ago. They really upped up their game - Food was excellent and atmosphere was very good as well.

Peppercrust and FireSide are very good options as well.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:55 am
How is rsvp now that its a few months later?

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:08 pm
And we're about to have a new one to the list...Churrasco? Something like that. Opening on er 306 and grandview, near seasons express

Genius

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:36 pm
I gave Peppercrust another chance and was disappointed again. I don’t understand how so many people voted for them here. I’m never going back. The food is just not good.
I also finally tried Dolcetto recently and loved it!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:03 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

Have you actually ever been to a burlesque club? Because it sounds like you have no clue what it is either.

I have FYI, no it does not look like a burlesque club.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries