Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Storage for hair coverings / shells / tights

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:33 pm
Could people share what they do? I am really in need of some new storage ideas (I don't have a dresser right now, just shelves and hanging.) I am willing to invest in something ready-made, so links are appreciated. Getting dressed has become stressful.

For hair coverings, I have a hodgepodge of things, all different shapes and sizes... big pashminas, flat tichels, pre-tied tichels, snoods, chenilles, and some bobo/stuffer things and headband/wig grips.

Shells are a mess, too... long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, sleeveless, different colors... I am always wearing the not-quite right one with any given outfit because it was all I could find (and then the next day I am wearing the outfit that I should have worn it with).

Also tights... once I have taken them out of packaging, I have no idea what is what. I buy duplicates accidentally.

(Posting anon b/c I am embarrassed by my disorganization.)

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:29 pm
Shells can be folded into small squares. Do a separate pile for each sleeve length, so all you have to do is find the right color.

ganmama

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:58 pm
I keep my tichels rolled/folded in three separate bins: pashminas, squares, pre-tied/hats.
I fold them so I can see each one and then am able to pick what I want each day.

Tights I just fold and keep with my under garments (I have basically all black for the winter… and switch to nude for the summer but I have basically all the same thickness/color/size so there’s not a ton of organizing to do there.

I sort shells by color grouping (white, black/grey/brown, solid colors, tops) and fold/stack them for ease of access. I happen to have a shelf over my hanging space so I can see all of my shells while I’m pickling out my outfit for the day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics