Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you own a robot vaccum? Please advise
Previous  1  2

monday

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:49 am
amother Hunter wrote:
Do you clear have to clear the floor from toys and other stuff like that before letting the vacuum run?

It depends what type of toys. Big toys no, but small toys can get stuck. The robot is rated to pickup items upto the weight of an AA battery. So it can suck a small Lego peice or shoelace of a shoe, or my baby paci etc. If it does suck an item it will pause until I remove it, which is annoying as I have it run while I'm at work. I only have it go in the main traffic areas I don't send it to the playroom or bedrooms on a daily basis. Every now and then we do all rooms so that it vacuums under the beds and furniture.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:55 am
Quote:
I don't consider any Roborock Cheap, even if you get a good price. Cheap means brands like off brand robots you find on Amazon.

Correct, I meant an off brand on Amazon. I would assume any Roborock model is decent enough

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:03 am
Answering some other questions --
For the S7, I bought a refill pack of mop pads on Amazon. I wash them in the washing machine after each use, but I have 6 of them, so I never run out.

The vacuum picks up the dirt first and then the mop pad is let down to mop, so the mop pad isn't getting dirty when the vacuum is going around

Yes, we pick up all the toys and chargers from the floor. I actually like this because it forces me to clean up

My first floor is one huge open floor plan. I have it all mapped out into zones and can set the vacuum to only clean one area at a time. I rarely do the whole floor at once. I don't use it upstairs in the bedrooms, I think that would be much harder to map out and to pick up every toy each time I wanted to use it.

I have a cleaning lady come once a week, but my floors really stay pretty clean with 5 kids.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:18 am
amother OP wrote:
Tks for this reply,
Does the machine need alot of maintenance?
Do you need to purchase supplies for it like mopping detergent, vaccum refill bags?
Are the mops on the s7 self washingand drying? If not then do you have to rinse them out each time ?
I am also wandering how a single mop pad can clean my floors properly without just pushing around dirt?
I would love to hear more about the mopping function and if you think it's worth buying this more pricey model for it?
TIA

The docking station cleans the mom, and you can always sent it back to clean more if needed.

I brought a bottle of the cleaning solution and distilled water for washing. (I have very hard water).

About the vacuum bag, I actually don't know, I never filled mine all the way, but I imagine I can spill the dirt out? I guess we'll see.

About washing, officially the 8 is supposed to be better with a "hypersonic " mop, but with my shiny floors the 7 did a better job.
They both leave some streaks, but then again any washing will do that, human or other. With a lower water setting it helps thst issue.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:49 am
So my floors are mostly wood and not shiny tiles, which model would be best?

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:10 am
Make sure you get one that you can map so that it knows your floor plan and reaches all parts of it. You set it up once on your device

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:38 am
How is the customer service for the Roborock?

jflower

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:23 pm
Can someone please explain how mapping works. How do you set it up?

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:54 pm
jflower wrote:
Can someone please explain how mapping works. How do you set it up?

Mine doesn't map so I don't know but I believe it's by using an app on your phone. The instructions will tell you.

The expensive ones will all map I'm sure

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:58 pm
I'm always amazed how many people love them. Never cleaned my floors well at all. One of my worst purchases ever.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:03 pm
I have a cheaper one - under $200, it doesn't mop well at all - just drags the slightly damp dirty cloth over all the floor, but it definitely hoovers at least 80% well. I use it daily so it's great and does the job. Definitely much better than me doing it daily and definitely better than it not being done

Did you have the mapping feature set up?
Without it it is less useful

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:27 pm
The spinwave is recommended by consumer reports and is $180 on Amazon? Is it good?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry