Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Did you remove your widows peak?
Previous  1  2  3

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:52 am
I used to have a widows peak. When I started wearing shaitels, I had one with bangs, with a off centered part to cover it. My shaitel had front and side clips, I found that using the front clip on my shaitel on a daily basis, basically killed my widows peak, and I don't have it anymore.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:39 am
I don't think it has to do with a widow's peak. It has to do with hairline in general. I have a very pronounced widow's peak but a very high hairline. I don't have issues covering but when I take my sheitel off the skin on the side's of the peak is lined from the sheitel sitting there instead of on my hair. If my hairline was lower, I wouldnt' have a choice. I would have to take it off or get a sheitel specially made to go all the way down at the front which would look ridiculous. If you have a low hairline with a widow's peak, you're in trouble.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:18 pm
Yes, I did and it was life changing. No maintenance as it was just a few sessions of laser! My wigs look so much more normal now, I highly recommend it!!! Also, I have heard that Tznius wise you are allowed to show your widow's peak and wear your wig over it, but mine didn't look normal that way. Just figured I'd mention it in case that works for someone!

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:50 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
I never heard of such a thing until imamother. I find the thought simply horrifying.
I have had bangs on my sheitel for almost 20 years, my widows peak has never been an issue. I'm trying to figure out how it would show with bangs - I'm not understanding that

It wouldn't show with bangs, but not every face with a widows peak looks good with front bangs. Even if you do look good, it's very limiting. That's why people remove it.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:52 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
I have a very pronounced widow speak that is very low and I have a lace and having rly big issues with it… I don’t think the lace was done well and wig keeps sliding back and widow speak sticks out and it looks ridiculous. I have to keep pushing it forward. It’s as if the wig just wants to sit back and is more comfortable that way…. Part of me just wants to get bangs and call it a day but idk. It’s a whole new style for me. For now I got a fall recently and just wear that bc it’s comfy and more me.

In a similar boat about getting front bangs. Never had them before, but my sheitel really doesn't look good as it is. I might go for it though.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:54 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
No way.
Especially today with lace tops its no longer even an issue. Make your shaitel macher trace your hair line and finished.
Btw, halachically its considered facial hair and does not nned to be covered. Ask your lor. Dont take it from me or anybody on imamother.

While this is true, that's not even the issue for me. It looks so dumb to have my hair peaking out from under my wig.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:27 am
amother OP wrote:
That’s what I’m worried about. If I would wax, I would probably have to do it every few days or else little stubbles could be visible. What happens on a 3 day yomtov? How soon does it grow back.

2 weeks
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics