Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Aldi shoppers, share your favorite finds!
Previous  1  2

Busybee5

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:11 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
You’re so lucky you can buy so much there! In the UK we can’t- or I don’t think so, unless others can share otherwise?

You're right, I don't think we can. Unless we're missing something?

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:26 pm
I keep PY and I recently found frozen doughnuts and muffins that were gluten free and Shehakol that were pretty good and they were cheap.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:37 pm
Their big bags of snacks are much cheaper than any other store
Southwest guacamole is so good
Maple syrup

sub

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:22 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
You’re so lucky you can buy so much there! In the UK we can’t- or I don’t think so, unless others can share otherwise?

There are more products in the usa with, with many different hechsherim.
I was in Belgium- and the only things we could buy were produce and household goods.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:07 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Raw salmon with no added ingredients is always kosher per kashrus agencies. Some people rinse it in case there was other fish residue when it was cut.

I think it needs to still have skin on it to confirm it's kosher. Which is how salmon is usually sold anyway but just fyi

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:46 pm
The almond milk creamers are amazing. O-U pareve. They usually have vanilla & caramel flavors which are both great but the seasonal ones are amazing (pumpkin spice & peppermint mocha-my fave).

They have some great gluten free cake mixes including a corn bread that is amazing (I make it as muffins & we all enjoy them-not just my GF child).

Their salmon is a great price (to address the above comment-salmon is the one fish that does not need skin because it can be assumed kosher even without seeing its scales-at least that’s what I was told). I prefer Trader Joe’s salmon, as it’s Norwegian (Aldi’s is Chilean-they occasionally have Norwegian, but it’s more expensive).

They have individual hand pies in cherry & apple. Pareve but not pas yisroel.

Many of their crackers are pareve.

Also want to agree with the check hechsher EVERY time! Items often lose/get hechsherim because it is all private label & they can switch providers.

mom2be1

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:56 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
What about the ready made pizza dough? Where in the store is that?

In the back of the store in the open fridge near the other cookie dough

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:04 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Most of your list would not work for those who keep CY and pas Yisroel.

I usually just get produce and some household products but what’s the deal with the salmon? I saw frum people buying it without hashgacha. Is that supposed to be ok? I guess I’ll have to ask.

At least half of those items are pareve. There's a large amount of stuff you can get there.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:10 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Raw salmon with no added ingredients is always kosher per kashrus agencies. Some people rinse it in case there was other fish residue when it was cut.

Salmon can only be bought if it has the skin on.
Tho if you buy it from a fresh fish counter and you watch them skin it it's okay.

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Salmon can only be bought if it has the skin on.
Tho if you buy it from a fresh fish counter and you watch them skin it it's okay.

I guess different rabbanim hold differently. I was told skinless was fine for salmon. Other fish need skin (with scales) or need to be whole. Salmon, by virtue of its color, does not need to have visible simanim.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:50 pm
Bumping this up to add a new find. Not sure if it’s a new product (I find it hard to believe I missed it in the past, but it’s possible), newly pareve or seasonal (lots of green stuff comes out for St. Patrick’s Day):

Mint Chocolate Crème filled cookies (basically mint crème filled Oreos). They are sooooo yum! The taste reminds me of the Girl Scout thin mints we used to get when I was a kid. Haven’t had anything like them in years. I imagine Oreo makes one but we don’t eat OUD at all.

Just had to share!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:12 pm
You can check the ou website to see what is de and what is really dairy. And yoshon, pas Yisroel, etc.
https://oukosher.org/product-s.....false

mamaleh

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:20 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
You can check the ou website to see what is de and what is really dairy. And yoshon, pas Yisroel, etc.
https://oukosher.org/product-s.....false

Thanks, but we don’t eat DE (cholov stam) either.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:33 pm
I walked into the Aldi in Monsey. Im not sure what people are buying. Nothing to make a trip for. I didn't find it crazy cheap either..

We don't eat OUD and other k's other than OK and StarK
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics