Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What made you feel old today?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:32 am
I found out last night that some of my high school classmates are grandmothers. (I graduated in 1998.)

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:51 am
Another imamother here who watched the royal wedding while in high school. I also remember being up with an infant the night Princess Diana was killed. Received an invitation for my 35th college reunion. My father will have his 70th college reunion next year. (BH)
You could not pay me to go back to high school. Nothing wrong with gaining some age and some wisdom!

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 9:42 am
1. When I was at a doctor's office doing a prenatal sonogram about 4 years ago and a receptionist asked a frum pregnant young woman her DOB and she said 6/2000, and it hit me- that's the month I graduated! Is it possible that someone born then is already expecting a child???

Eta: just finished reading the thread and I see a previous poster mentioned something similar
2. When my daughter had a teacher who taught me
3. I was married already during 9/11, so when I hear of someone who was a young child then, I feel old...

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 9:46 am
amother Ecru wrote:
I found out last night that some of my high school classmates are grandmothers. (I graduated in 1998.)

I graduated in 2000 and I have classmates who are grandmothers! (not chassidish)

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 10:35 am
When I realized I was one of the oldest women at the kimpeturin heim

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:19 am
amother Bronze wrote:
I graduated in 2000 and I have classmates who are grandmothers! (not chassidish)

I was born in 2000 lol

honey36

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:41 am
When I was filling out my passport application, in the reference section they ask how long you have known your reference for. I calculated about 30 years. How could I have known someone for 30 years?!

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:42 am
amother Opal wrote:
I cleaned for pessach and got entrenched in some old school journals. Surprised

Also bumping into my student who’s pushing a double stroller. Surprised

For me, it's the realization that in another year or two, I'll be teaching my students' daughters. Laugh

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:44 am
My husband and I like to make comments to show how old we are
He was born during the Carter administration, I during Reagan.
(We were born in '79 and '82)
He tells the kids about eating breakfast and listening to Reagan say his famous speech "I tell you Mr Chairman Tear down this Wall". He was 11 or so.
I remember a teacher in 1st grade walking in, pulling down the map and writing "Former USSR".
We remember when CDs were new.
We remember only cool people having home computers and car phones.
We remember the big deal of the extra long phone cord that allowed you to wash dishes on the phone

We have friends who are grandparents.

And we're only low-40s.

Highstrung

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:54 am
Seeing all the little kids from shul that I used to watch and tell stories to during leining. They came to be menachem avel me. I didn’t see them in 25 years . All of them have families and they sat there listening to me with the same awe , as I talked about my father , as they did to those long stories I made up and told , to keep them quiet in shul.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:56 am
The boy I used to babysit when he was 3 got married last week.
In my mind he's still 3

mommyla

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:49 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:

I was branded a “geriatric mother” with my last pregnancy and I wasn’t even 40! Ouch.

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 2:57 pm
Toll booths, anyone?!?

I was playing with my boys on the floor and we arranged the cars and legos into highways and bridges and I said 'okay now well stop for toll they stare at me like what?

Another time my daughter asked me, if when I was a girl I enjoyed the mitzvah mentchy kallah over the xyz. I told her without blinking that we didn't have mitzvah mentchies when I was a girl. She opened her eyes so big ' with what did you play'?

In second grade my classmates father got a cellphone with a camera. And the rabbanim assured it.

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:00 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:

I was recently there and was surprised that a bigger chunk of kimpeturins had a child or two married off. Until it hit me that I'm a few years from that stage too

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:00 pm
Talking to the grown-up warehouse manager and then realizing I'm 10 years older than him

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:11 pm
Hearing someone tell that her abusive mother put a lock on the phone so that she could not call her divorced father.

Seeing a dial phone with a lock before my inner eye.

Remembering that young people do not even know how to use a dial phone, and therefore could not imagine how you can literally put a lock on a phone.

exhausted

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:12 pm
My knees

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:17 pm
I told my colleague that I heard her daughter on the radio. She was very proud, and mentionned that her daughter turned 30.

I met her for the first time when she was pregnant with said daughter...

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:55 pm
Friends were talking about a Rocking Chair./Recliner. I said ''OH I would love that for now, relaxing, putting up my feet when I can.'' One friend said ''We don't need those things now, That's for Old people''. I still would love it no matter what she says.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics