Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Requesting specific room/accommodations at parents/in laws
Previous  1  2

mudpies

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 2:43 pm
My in laws don't ask where we want to sleep. We get assigned a room either in their house or by a neighbor.
My mother knows we like to sleep in my old bedroom. If it works for her, she gives it to us. If not, I know she must have had a cheshbon because otherwise she'd have given it to us.
I guess credit goes to my older siblings - I never heard anyone complaining about their rooms, it was a given that my parents are trying their best to make everyone comfortable and if it's not perfect then that isn't their fault.
Honestly I don't like sleeping anywhere but my own bed in my own house. The kids sleeping anywhere but their own beds is also a nightmare pretty much anywhere. So when we make the decision to go, it's for the point of visiting, not the comfort. We know the price, and we're choosing to pay it. The bedroom doesn't make such a huge difference, and I know I won't be super comfortable either way, so I really don't care about the bedroom. I enjoy the time for the reasons I came.

zaq

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 9:51 pm
mudpies wrote:

I know I won't be super comfortable either way, so I really don't care about the bedroom. I enjoy the time for the reasons I came.

Brava! So refreshing to know that there are still some people left in the world who have their heads on straight and aren't concerned solely with their own convenience and comfort. Tell your parents I salute them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics