Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Beware what babysitter you send to!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

zoom

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 5:10 pm
Hi op.

2 questions

Is your cleaning lady jewish?

And Where do you live? Or at least what part of the world?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 1:26 pm
Bumping this up
Super important

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 1:33 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Bumping this up
Super important

So important that OP didn't return to answer any follow up questions or state the location . She must be very concerned.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
So important that OP didn't return to answer any follow up questions or state the location . She must be very concerned.

Yes.
She didn't answer me either.
All I asked was what's the name of cleaning lady and what's the name of the babysitter. If they're both non-Jewish there's no issue of LH!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:25 pm
It's 2024. Babysitters should have cameras installed that can be accessed by the mothers all day.

mamaleh

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:12 pm
I’m actually impressed with OP that she won’t/isn’t sharing location or identifying details. She’s not trying to ‘out’ this particular babysitter because she only has second (or third) hand information, she’s trying to remind all of those loving, amazing, and trusting Mommys out there that such situations can/do exist and extra diligence is needed even if you ‘only heard good things’.

She (or someone else) gave practical advice on how to avoid having your child in this type of bad situation (come late or pick-up early or stop in without notice, tour the house before committing, etc).

And she did all of this without resorting to Lashon Hara or opening the conversation to people denying it about a specific person.

This isn’t about a specific person or a specific location. This is a reminder to EVERYONE to be extra vigilant, because bad people exist.

Thank you, OP!

Cheiny

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:16 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Ok great. So op provided no new information. This is yet another thread warning about the dangers of babysitters.

But if op was really that concerned she would at least say the location so she can give the moms that live there an extra warning.

So since you’ve concluded she doesn’t care, what would be her motive for writing her OP?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:18 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:

Right because all you can do is accuse OP of not caring, to deflect from the main point of the thread, which for some reason you’re intent on debunking. Only you can ask yourself why.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:19 pm
Cheiny wrote:
So since you’ve concluded she doesn’t care, what would be her motive for writing her OP?

Wondering the same considering she provided no helpful information.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:22 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Right because all you can do is accuse OP of not caring, to deflect from the main point of the thread, which for some reason you’re intent on debunking. Only you can ask yourself why.

I'm not trying to debunk. We all know there are bad babysitters. But if you know such specific info you should try to warn others who may live in the area who may be sending to this babysitter. Her cleaning ladies friend claims nobody knows so how is this thread helpful if you don't give the location so people who live there can be extra vigilant.

mamaleh

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:26 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I'm not trying to debunk. We all know there are bad babysitters. But if you know such specific info you should try to warn others who may live in the area who may be sending to this babysitter. Her cleaning ladies friend claims nobody knows so how is this thread helpful if you don't give the location so people who live there can be extra vigilant.

This thread is helpful (as a reminder to EVERYONE to be vigilant) specifically because she doesn’t give a name or location!

Last edited by mamaleh on Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:27 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:

And if she has a reason why she can’t/won’t, why won’t you respect that? Why do you keep repeating that “SHE DOESN’T CARE?”

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:31 pm
OP I agree with you!

My friend was sending to a babysitter and she was very suspicious of your described scenario was happening. She popped in one day and found her baby screaming in his crib in a closet with the main Morah no where to be found and the Spanish women trying to take care of many babies.

When she confronted her she denied it and said if you tell anyone it's loshon hara.

Super scary and sad. I know a few people that still send there. I ask them if they know what's going on and they say my baby seems fine when I pick up. Can't Believe It

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:37 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
OP I agree with you!

My friend was sending to a babysitter and she was very suspicious of your described scenario was happening. She popped in one day and found her baby screaming in his crib in a closet with the main Morah no where to be found and the Spanish women trying to take care of many babies.

When she confronted her she denied it and said if you tell anyone it's loshon hara.

Super scary and sad. I know a few people that still send there. I ask them if they know what's going on and they say my baby seems fine when I pick up. Can't Believe It

When I would pick up my son they’d say “oh he’s been sleeping for 3 hours” when I know that’s not true he only sleeps and hour and doesn’t cry when he wakes up.

They’d go into the room to get him and he’s wide awake looking scared.

They wouldn’t change him he got such a bad diaper rash. And the morays blamed me!

They’d waste so much formula claiming he wasn’t hungry. His sandwiches never eaten cuz they’re too lazy to feed him.
I’d count his diapers every day and I was lucky if they changed him twice in 6 hours.
They claimed he cried the entire time. He’s a good baby and doesn’t cry. I knew this was all lies. Two people and 13 babies is way too many. I was so desperate I kept him there. Thankfully it was only for 6 weeks of the summer. But I was very upset no amount of talking would they listen.
This was a few years ago. And I know the playgroup is still like this.

They wanted to kick my baby out because they claimed he cried all the time which wasn’t true and that someone in the building told on them which is also not true. They just didn’t want to deal with my little Tzaddik. 😭. This was also the only babysitter close to my house.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:37 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
OP I agree with you!

Crying Crying

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:30 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
When I would pick up my son they’d say “oh he’s been sleeping for 3 hours” when I know that’s not true he only sleeps and hour and doesn’t cry when he wakes up.

They’d go into the room to get him and he’s wide awake looking scared.

They wouldn’t change him he got such a bad diaper rash. And the morays blamed me!

They’d waste so much formula claiming he wasn’t hungry. His sandwiches never eaten cuz they’re too lazy to feed him.
I’d count his diapers every day and I was lucky if they changed him twice in 6 hours.
They claimed he cried the entire time. He’s a good baby and doesn’t cry. I knew this was all lies. Two people and 13 babies is way too many. I was so desperate I kept him there. Thankfully it was only for 6 weeks of the summer. But I was very upset no amount of talking would they listen.
This was a few years ago. And I know the playgroup is still like this.

They wanted to kick my baby out because they claimed he cried all the time which wasn’t true and that someone in the building told on them which is also not true. They just didn’t want to deal with my little Tzaddik. 😭. This was also the only babysitter close to my house.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, changing a baby twice in 6h is totally normal. If you drop off with a clean diaper that means baby was changed every couple of hours.... nothing wrong with that!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:36 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:

This is immature and you seem very triggered from the thread, this is a super important reminder.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:39 pm
For the people that sent to babysitters and had bad experiences...did you call references? Did you go check out the place during the day? If someone called you for information did you tell about your bad experience? When you left did you warn other moms or just kept quiet? I'm wondering how these places stay in business ...are people not checking them out? Are people not telling over accurate information?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:59 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, changing a baby twice in 6h is totally normal. If you drop off with a clean diaper that means baby was changed every couple of hours.... nothing wrong with that!!

I'm a babysitter and this is not true. Twice in six hours is not enough. I work five hours daily. Babies are almost always wet when they come, or very soon after. I change them again before naptime, after naptime, and then again after lunch. Some of them will need to be changed one more time before pickup.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:00 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
For the people that sent to babysitters and had bad experiences...did you call references? Did you go check out the place during the day? If someone called you for information did you tell about your bad experience? When you left did you warn other moms or just kept quiet? I'm wondering how these places stay in business ...are people not checking them out? Are people not telling over accurate information?

Obviously people are not calling references or doing the proper hisdadlus. That’s the point of awerness.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics