Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Started ozempic today
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:02 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
This is mind blowing to me. I honestly cannot believe women subject themselves to these side effects to lose weight. You deserve better! Unless you are diabetic and need it to save your life, why would you do this??? It’s absurd. And yes I’m being judge-mental. .

Have you ever been overweight? Or overweight but managed to lose easily?

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:04 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Wow, what a little B-witch you are.

I hope you gain weight, so much weight that you can't shop in regular stores.

Then I hope you go on every diet EVER created, and fail, and get hungrier and fatter.

Then I hope you stay fat and come back and tell us if the idea of ozempic is still "absurd".

I don't think she deserves all that! And it won't help you anyway!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:05 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Have you ever been overweight? Or overweight but managed to lose easily?

Sorry see this had already been asked. (But not answered.)

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:00 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
This is mind blowing to me. I honestly cannot believe women subject themselves to these side effects to lose weight. You deserve better! Unless you are diabetic and need it to save your life, why would you do this??? It’s absurd. And yes I’m being judge-mental. .

While I personally am very scared of side effects and already suffer from chronic pain, I do understand women that take it. We can never judge another person as we have never walked in their exact shoes with all their life experiences.

For someone that always struggled with weight to finally have a chance to feel regular is truly groundbreaking and good for them. Obviously if one is willing to deal with the side effects then they must be pretty desperate physically or emotionally to lose weight.

Being overweight it also very unhealthy physically while also damaging one emotionally.

It’s interesting seeing so many people change so drastically but good for them. My friend is doing it and I’m rooting for her. I hope it helps her.

Just some food for thought to help with the judgement…

If you’ve never struggled with your weight then you can never understand how painful it is.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:06 pm
amother Catmint wrote:

Easy for u to talk. I gained 20lbs in a few months just from not working out a few hours a day… I was eating less then 1200 cal a day.. the weight was just flying on… u are so lucky that ur in a place to not be able to”understand”it.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:42 pm
I lost close to 45lb in the past 7 months. Unfortunately my routine blood work came back bad and I need to stop for a month to see if it’s the medication that is causing it. The doctor has never seen such a side effect, but all other tests came back normal. I’m petrified of regaining the weight, really struggling with the unfairness of it all. I got so far and now it’s being pulled from me. Bh I really learned portion sizes needed to lose weight and I’m sticking to it. The last 2lb lost were without medication.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 10:00 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I lost close to 45lb in the past 7 months. Unfortunately my routine blood work came back bad and I need to stop for a month to see if it’s the medication that is causing it. The doctor has never seen such a side effect, but all other tests came back normal. I’m petrified of regaining the weight, really struggling with the unfairness of it all. I got so far and now it’s being pulled from me. Bh I really learned portion sizes needed to lose weight and I’m sticking to it. The last 2lb lost were without medication.

Is this something you need to be on for life? How long do people stay on ozempic and what happens when they get off it? Are people able to maintain the healthier weight or will they gain everything back?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 10:14 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Is this something you need to be on for life? How long do people stay on ozempic and what happens when they get off it? Are people able to maintain the healthier weight or will they gain everything back?

It needs to be a long term plan. I still have another 20lb to lose so being taken off it is very hard for me. I was discussing with the doctor an exit plan before the blood work. It includes working with a nutritionist while taking a third of the dose (every three weeks instead of once a week) or halving the dose.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:15 pm
Update. I’ve taken 2 shots and going to take my 3rd one today. The weight is slowly coming off . I feel like it’s not such a crazy daily battle with food, and knowing I’m taking the shots is motivating. Problem is I don’t want to take it long term , but I also don’t want to gain it all back! I guess I’ll see how I’m doing in June/ July.
I’m glad I’m trying it. So far no major side effects!

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:23 pm
OP a lot of us are in the same boat.
I took my first ozempic shot on sunday at .25
I am been trying to diet in one way or another for my entire life.
I get that people don't understand but listen if I just keep gaining weight where will I end up?
Having a stroke or heart attack? just gaining weight till I balloon to who knows what? That is also a health risk.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Update. I’ve taken 2 shots and going to take my 3rd one today. The weight is slowly coming off . I feel like it’s not such a crazy daily battle with food, and knowing I’m taking the shots is motivating. Problem is I don’t want to take it long term , but I also don’t want to gain it all back! I guess I’ll see how I’m doing in June/ July.

Do you still feel very nauseous?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:35 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
Do you still feel very nauseous?

No really not nauseous at all!

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:39 pm
amother OP wrote:

Make it your business to exercise and eat well (even though you feel you dont have to)
It is easier to develop healthy habits when feeling good. (Talking to myself too lol)

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:52 pm
I was on ozempic for 5 months, lost weight looked beautiful and than went off it and gained every Oz back plus some. As soon as you go off it your old appetite comes right back. If you don't teach yourself how to eat healthy it's worth nothing in the long run

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:49 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
I was on ozempic for 5 months, lost weight looked beautiful and than went off it and gained every Oz back plus some. As soon as you go off it your old appetite comes right back. If you don't teach yourself how to eat healthy it's worth nothing in the long run

Why did you only stay on it for 5 months? How much did you lose in that time?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise