Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How to not ruin the day

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:05 am
I feel like the grinch.
I’m not looking forward to Purim. I never like the day and now I’m just extra stressed about many things in my life and not interested in all the singing and happiness . It’s so phony and fake .
Especially in light of everything going on in EY and my win personal situation, I’m afraid I will ruin the day, I have teens and little kids and know that my cranky mood will ruin the day for them

Plz help me reframe my mind and make it a special day for my kids

amother
Nasturtium

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:21 am
There Israel new UN poll about the happiness levels worldwide. Israel came in at #5! The anti Semites in the world are furious that we that we are so happy, it seems that this is our biggest win over Haman and Hamas.

We, the Jewish Nation are a strong and loving family! We are resilience and we live life.

There were interviews with israelis and the love for life and for Hashem is so apparent even with secular Jews and Israeli Muslims.

Some people said that the study showed that those countries that are are connected to God, religious countries have the higher happiness score.

I'm also trying to get out of the rut.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 7:19 am
The Gulf War ended on Purim. I have high hopes for this year.
A Jew cries at a funeral and then goes and dances at a wedding. There is a time for everything.
In the zchus of the joy and unity this Purim we should merit to see miracles.

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 8:31 am
It's understandable that when your life is extra stressful, the singing and dancing might feel fake and phony.

Do you want to talk about the stress? Maybe we can offer some support, or even ways to deal with it.

Often, a little can go a long way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics