Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is there such a thing as a comfortable sheitel??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:12 pm
That doesn't cost 5k? I have a big head and even a size xl makes my head feel squished. Without wearing a fall, is there a way to feel comfortable wearing a sheitel? Are more expensive ones more comfortable?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:32 am
Haven’t been wearing sheitals for that long but in my experience my more expensive one is more comfortable.
It is custom so the size fits my head perfectly, there’s also velvet sewn in so I don’t have to wear a band which I find pretty uncomfortable.
Maybe ask your sheitalmacher if they could see velvet in for you and see if it helps?

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:13 am
I bought an expensive, custom wig when I got married (before lace tops were a thing) and I still hate wearing it. It looks gorgeous in photos and I want to rip it off my head when I'm wearing it.
I discussed with a high end shaitel macher when I took my less-than-1K Chinese lace top wig to her to be cut. And I said, I see you styling all these high end wigs on your Instagram, do you think I should spend that kind of money and I'll wear the wig more often?
And she said absolutely not. More money doesn't equal more comfortable and doesn't guarantee that you'll like it better.
So I stick with my less expensive wig and barely wear it, just like when I had a more expensive wig. (And it looks beautiful, BTW)
Thank God for hats and mitpachot.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:30 am
You can have the dap extended for around $1-120

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:37 am
What specifically makes it uncomfortable for you? Some people have sensory issues and no wig of any kind will ever feel comfortable. For me the only thing that was ever uncomfortable in any wig was years ago the clips, which I wore so tight I had bald spots from them. B"H for these slip grip bands that now keep everything in place w/o the clips. No pain, no bald spots.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 8:30 am
I found my cheaper wigs (Sary, Irene) much more comfortable than my expensive ones (dini)

I am most comfortable in my Eva and Chloe. I wear it 12-15 hours every single day and forget I even have anything on my head

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:36 am
amother Gold wrote:
You can have the dap extended for around $1-120

I’m pretty sure this is the answer for you, op. Get the cap extended by a wig repair person.

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:39 am
I have a wig medium price range that is itchy around my face , not sure if It’s the wigs main hair or the baby hairs

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:23 am
Ask for a cap transfer!!
Best thing ever, it almost feel like a custom sheitel. It changed my life. Cost about $300.
I bought a beautiful sheitel second hand that was way too small. You go to someone who will try cap on your head to make sure it's the right size. company transfers all the hair from one cap to the other!!!
I can give you name of someone who does it in lakewood if you can't find!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:27 am
The fall I have never feels comfortable. The hair just ends up feeling rough in the back by my neck. Any tips?

iammom

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:28 am
Over the years I noticed a pattern that I felt most comfortable in a certain company wig because the way they made the cap fits my head the best.

So many people love Irene’s, and they are great, but the way they make their caps doesn’t sit well on my shaped head.

It wasn’t a difference of expensive vs. cheaper, it was just the construction of one cap vs. another

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:35 am
amother Amber wrote:
The fall I have never feels comfortable. The hair just ends up feeling rough in the back by my neck. Any tips?

Same! It’s really annoying.

I find that if I leave the sizing strings out and don’t put them into a hook, just tuck them in to my cap so they don’t come out, it’s not as tight on my head so I don’t feel the scratchy hairs.

Eastern

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 11:38 pm
Yes, there absolutely is such a thing as a super comfortable shaitel that doesn’t cost so much! Mazette wigs specialize in exactly that, and that’s why it’s the only brand I wear as a migrainer. I highly recommend. Mine were $600 (years ago) for Peruvian virgin hair, 900 more recently for Brazilian virgin hair, and also $2100 recently for my euro virgin hair wig (yes I do own a closet full of mazettes! I’m a very good customer lol). My fall from them was $750 and I think it still sells for that.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 11:40 pm
Eastern wrote:
Yes, there absolutely is such a thing as a super comfortable shaitel that doesn’t cost so much! Mazette wigs specialize in exactly that, and that’s why it’s the only brand I wear as a migrainer. I highly recommend. Mine were $600 (years ago) for Peruvian virgin hair, 900 more recently for Brazilian virgin hair, and also $2100 recently for my euro virgin hair wig (yes I do own a closet full of mazettes! I’m a very good customer lol). My fall from them was $750 and I think it still sells for that.

I second Mazette wigs Lady

Charnie123

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 10:32 am
I think so, and I don’t think it’s about expensive as much as a good cap and hairline that’s tailored to your head
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels