Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Social anxiety

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:47 pm
My teenager has crazy social anxiety. School is hard for her because of this and she’s just on her computer all day. How do you help them with it?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:48 pm
Therapist for sure. No question about it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:53 pm
She has a therapist but I guess they are working on other things. Wanted to know if there’s anything else that could help

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:00 pm
Medication. My friend just started her daughter on it and it's been life changing for her.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:10 pm
I had severe social anxiety as a teen/young adult. I finally found the therapist that worked for me towards the end of high school and it helped me overcome so much, but it was still close to 5 years of weekly therapy until I was a normal functioning person

I will still always have social anxiety. But I can at least leave my house, drive, go to stores, restaurants, simchas, talk to strangers, etc

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:20 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
Medication. My friend just started her daughter on it and it's been life changing for her.

Are you able to tell me what she’s taking

Monyka02

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:55 am
I've been feeling anxious since the escalation in Israel. It feels like the world is not too far from another big war and that's what's been keeping me up at night. This started to ruin my life because I wasn't functional during the day. The way I got better was with the Calmer app. I meditate with it for 15 minutes before I go to sleep and I also use the calming music tool from the app to fall asleep even faster. I still feel worried about the things happening in the world, but I'm glad I can sleep better now.

Last edited by Monyka02 on Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:58 am
This is me I am dealing with it also hs age dd its so hard and I am at a loss what to do when to push when to back off . Also we tried therapy ot didn’t help maybe we need someone else but it’s not fully up to me .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children