Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Tell us about your theme this year! (If you had one)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:31 pm
I am not super creative or into costumes/MM but it's really important to my DDs that we have a family theme.

So while it's still fresh in your mind, can you tell me about your theme and what you did for everyone's costumes and gave for MM?

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:33 pm
How many kids do you have and age range? We do themes every year and tend to get pretty creative with our MM, I can try to help with ideas

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:36 pm
I have 3 kids k"H of varying ages. oldest (teen) was a bee keeper, middle (elementary age) was a bee hive (homemade costume), youngest (preschooler) was a bee. gave out in black and yellow bags with bee/honey related foods. it wasn't anything fancy but was really cute.
for the kids we gave a honey stick, honey barbecue chips and apple juice (nectar)

Brit in Israel

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:46 pm
Nurses and Drs.
Family MM is regular, the kids have a gel filled syringe we found in the Nash section.
DD friend was also a nurse and filled small syringes with tiny candies.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:35 pm
We have little kids. Costumes were a farmer, a sheep, and a chicken.
MM was a little container of milk and nosh in an egg carton.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 4:33 pm
Sports theme

My kids where a soccer, baseball, and football player and my dh and I got cheerleader pompoms

We gave out Beer, Mustard, and soft pretzels

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 5:46 pm
Cute themes I saw
Leap years frogs
Out of this world NASA
Earrings that match costumes

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 5:51 pm
Our family name is Goldsmith, we did a gold theme

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 5:51 pm
Ds 2was a bunny and DS 5 months was a carrot. Not planned elaborately or anything, someone in our community was giving away a bunny costume that fit my two year old, and our younger son happens to have a shirt with pictures of carrots all over it.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:20 pm
I only have boys, so we were all construction workers.
It was really cute and my boys were thrilled.
MM was in an orange cone. Gave candy corn and baked goods.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:34 pm
We did an Am Yisrael "Chai" theme, where chai is a type of tea. We put all sorts of tea related items in our m"m.

We dressed up in loosely related costumes. Teenage DD was an old lady who drinks tea. She went all out, dyeing her hair gray and crocheting a shawl to wear over her old lady outfit. She borrowed a cane and made a chain for an old pair of eyeglasses. Our 8 year old DD dressed up all fancy like she was going to a tea party, with a floral dress and a pretty straw hat and fancy nail polish. Our 5 year old DS wore a (tea) T-Rex costume and he was simply adorable. DH dressed up as a British fellow. I prefer to wear a coordinating accessory rather than dressing up, so I wore an am yisrael chai necklace.

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:37 pm
I have a girl family so we dressed up as flamingos. We used feathers on a pink shirt and pink tutus and madevflaingo eye and beak on a headband. Everything in the mishloach monos was pink or pink and white. It was very cute!

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:38 pm
Chess theme. Each child was a different piece, but we did it loosely so one kid was dressed as a king, one as queens, one as a knight, one as a castle, etc. MM was black and white items.

chocolate pie

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:03 am
Bump

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:23 am
We did Barbie and Ken - everyone loved it. Everyone was different versions. We gave out personalized cookies in a box that looked like the boxes that Barbie’s come in.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:06 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
We did Barbie and Ken - everyone loved it. Everyone was different versions. We gave out personalized cookies in a box that looked like the boxes that Barbie’s come in.

Was this the "in" costume this year? I saw quite a few people did it but don't recall every seeing it before.

essie14

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:44 am
amother Honey wrote:
Was this the "in" costume this year? I saw quite a few people did it but don't recall every seeing it before.

Yes, because of the Barbie movie that came out this year.
It was very popular

shanie5

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:54 pm
We were minions. You can find my poem on the thread "purim 2024 at the Shanie5's".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics