Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
PANDAS PARENTS
Previous  1  2

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:04 am
amother Feverfew wrote:
Hi,
I have a child with PANDAS. We treated with augmentin for over a year.
Just a question for all the imamothers who are using vitamins/holistic/herbal etc to treat... How do you get your child to take all that stuff?
My dd was on antibiotics for over a year and it was torture to get her to take it twice a day. Not to mention my pediatrician recommended Motrin, probiotics, and antihistamine as well. There was no way my child was going to take all that. And there was no way I could give it to her either.... It would be a full time job and she had to go to school, and I had to go to work, and I have other children. I could not devote that much time or even mental energy to treating this disease!
Just curious how you all do it? How do you get your children to take all that stuff? These lists of remedies sometimes include tens of different things to take. Also to the imamother who does the foot soaks.... How do you get your child to soak for 30 minutes? Honestly, I don't have 30 minutes a day that I can devote to this one child, not to mention that I can't imagine her agreeing to sit with her feet in a tub of water for 30 minutes. MAYBE I could get her to do it once or twice, but there's no way she would do it on a consistent basis.

Please advise.
This is hard. Very very hard. When we were in the thick of things it pretty much took over my life. And definitely had a big impact on my decision to not have more kids for many years.

Regarding supplements, I bribed to the heavens, and also found the 1 thing my kid cared about and saved my threats for this.

Regarding footsoaks, my kids actually liked it once they got past the initial resistance to get their feet in. I had to set them up with an activity or cd to listen to but didn't have to babysit them. We also did it only 2 or 3 times a week and aimed for 20 minutes.

Also, this is why so many people turn to homeopathy. Giving a million supplements is a recipe for burnout both for the patient and the caregiver. Homeopathic remedies are so easy to administer and can see really incredible results.

To give you some hope, my pandas kid is now 12 and she asks me for supplements and herbs to help with her various ailments not emotional or psychological, she still doesn't own up to those and would be very offended if I offered her vitamins to help with her behavior, but she takes for the things she cares about like stomach, skin, cold sores, cavities etc and it helps for other stuff too.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:26 pm
For a little kid, do you need to try Motrin 4x a day to see if it's brain inflammation?

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:42 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
For a little kid, do you need to try Motrin 4x a day to see if it's brain inflammation?
I would give every 6 hours

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:03 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I would give every 6 hours

It's not really possible with school.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:08 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
It's not really possible with school.
It's fine if you go a bit longer while they're in school. Or try over a weekend

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:09 pm
Which pediatrician diagnoses Pandas in NY? Can you give me tips of professionals? I suspect my child has that.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:12 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Which pediatrician diagnoses Pandas in NY? Can you give me tips of professionals? I suspect my child has that.
Dr. Feldman at Dr bulmash's practice didn't want to officially diagnose but was willing to prescribe antibiotics to trial.

Dr. Visconti in Staten island might be able to help

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:29 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
This is hard. Very very hard. When we were in the thick of things it pretty much took over my life. And definitely had a big impact on my decision to not have more kids for many years.

Regarding supplements, I bribed to the heavens, and also found the 1 thing my kid cared about and saved my threats for this.

Regarding footsoaks, my kids actually liked it once they got past the initial resistance to get their feet in. I had to set them up with an activity or cd to listen to but didn't have to babysit them. We also did it only 2 or 3 times a week and aimed for 20 minutes.

Also, this is why so many people turn to homeopathy. Giving a million supplements is a recipe for burnout both for the patient and the caregiver. Homeopathic remedies are so easy to administer and can see really incredible results.

To give you some hope, my pandas kid is now 12 and she asks me for supplements and herbs to help with her various ailments not emotional or psychological, she still doesn't own up to those and would be very offended if I offered her vitamins to help with her behavior, but she takes for the things she cares about like stomach, skin, cold sores, cavities etc and it helps for other stuff too.

Can you tell me about homeopathic remedies that work? Been doing bach flower water for her tics. It was very effective the first few times we did it, but now doesn't seem to be helping anymore.... I'm losing my mind and my poor child cannot function.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:41 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
Can you tell me about homeopathic remedies that work? Been doing bach flower water for her tics. It was very effective the first few times we did it, but now doesn't seem to be helping anymore.... I'm losing my mind and my poor child cannot function.
We use resilience naturopathic for homeopathy. They are a virtual practice that specializes in pandas and pans. You go through every single symptom you child has, physical, emotional, behavioral, neurological etc, and they match a remedy to the entirety of her symptoms.

For quick relief are you doing motrin and benadryl? Robitussin is also very effective for tics.

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
We use resilience naturopathic for homeopathy. They are a virtual practice that specializes in pandas and pans. You go through every single symptom you child has, physical, emotional, behavioral, neurological etc, and they match a remedy to the entirety of her symptoms.

For quick relief are you doing motrin and benadryl? Robitussin is also very effective for tics.

Thanks for your reply. Right now we are doing bach flower remedy, probiotic, Motrin, and she takes melatonin before bed - but I'm going to switch her to Benadryl because it will have the same effect as the melatonin in terms of sleep and will help with the inflammation. I tried Robitussin years ago when she was first diagnosed. I found the combination of Motrin, Robitussin, and Benadryl to really provide tremendous relief. It's just that she fights me over every single pill, viatmin, supplement, etc so I try to minimize to the absolute essentials. And last year when we were doing antibiotics twice a day in addition to everything else, I felt like I really needed to cut something out.
But I think I'm going to go back to the Motrin, Robitussin, Benadryl combo, and also do the probiotic and flower remedy (which she doesn't mind taking because it tastes like water, but it's 4x a day so I literally bring her a dose during school every day).

Right now we bH are only dealing with tics and what I usually call ADHD like behaviors (because they're not really ADHD and she is totally listening and not unfocused but she can't stand still or is squirming on the couch or on my lap) But bH bH bH.... I can't say that enough times, we have come so far! But the tics can get to the point where it takes her twice as long as it should to do everything because literally most of her time is spent ticking.

Maybe I'll embark on homeopathy. Thanks for all your help.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 10:10 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Right now we are doing bach flower remedy, probiotic, Motrin, and she takes melatonin before bed - but I'm going to switch her to Benadryl because it will have the same effect as the melatonin in terms of sleep and will help with the inflammation. I tried Robitussin years ago when she was first diagnosed. I found the combination of Motrin, Robitussin, and Benadryl to really provide tremendous relief. It's just that she fights me over every single pill, viatmin, supplement, etc so I try to minimize to the absolute essentials. And last year when we were doing antibiotics twice a day in addition to everything else, I felt like I really needed to cut something out.
But I think I'm going to go back to the Motrin, Robitussin, Benadryl combo, and also do the probiotic and flower remedy (which she doesn't mind taking because it tastes like water, but it's 4x a day so I literally bring her a dose during school every day).

Right now we bH are only dealing with tics and what I usually call ADHD like behaviors (because they're not really ADHD and she is totally listening and not unfocused but she can't stand still or is squirming on the couch or on my lap) But bH bH bH.... I can't say that enough times, we have come so far! But the tics can get to the point where it takes her twice as long as it should to do everything because literally most of her time is spent ticking.

Maybe I'll embark on homeopathy. Thanks for all your help.
Motrin benadryl and robitussin work really really well here too. Robitussin is especially good for tics because it blocks glutamate. What a devoted mom you are, bringing stuff to school for her. I have never done that in all the 8 years we've been treating this beast.

Totally get what you mean about the hyperactivity. I think it goes hand in hand with the tics -- it's all involuntary movement.

I really think homeopathy helped us turn a corner. I hope it helps you too.

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:13 pm
After years of trying everything, what helped was energy healing. The healer gave him herbs and vitamins that he had to take a certain amount of days/months and recommended another natural based person who will help this child. I used to laugh at energy healing. I now highly recommend it for things that conventional medicine doesn't know enough about. It seems every child with pandas needs different things in order to heal. The energy healer tunes I to the childs body and directs specifically for this child.

did anyone use Roisy Halpert from Monroe for energy healing for pandas?
or for anything else? is she helpful?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics