Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DS facial hair

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:57 pm
My 17 year old has overgrown eyebrows it recently started bothering him and I got a heter for him to remove, anyone has experience with this?
He doesnt want people to notice the change from one second to the next is there any way to do gradually but permanently? Preferably at home method

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 2:56 am
I don't know the best way but how'd you get a heter

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:41 am
Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up Dermaplaning Tool with Precision Cover, 3ct | Dermaplane Razor, Face Razors for Women, Eyebrow Razor, Facial Razor, Dermaplaning Razor, Womens Face Razor Peach Fuzz Remover https://a.co/d/bSox3Q5

I use this.
..like a razor but very small and easy to position. He can take off a little at a time.

Also maybe tweezers?

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:59 am
I would recommend electrolysis. It's gradual and permanent but he would have to go out for it. If he is uncomfortable, consider going to someone outside the frum community to do it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:22 pm
singleagain wrote:
Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up Dermaplaning Tool with Precision Cover, 3ct | Dermaplane Razor, Face Razors for Women, Eyebrow Razor, Facial Razor, Dermaplaning Razor, Womens Face Razor Peach Fuzz Remover https://a.co/d/bSox3Q5

I use this.
..like a razor but very small and easy to position. He can take off a little at a time.

Also maybe tweezers?

Would this be permanent? if he starts touching it wouldnt it grow back double

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:23 pm
Is a tweezers permanent?

BrooklynBee

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is a tweezers permanent?

The only permanent hair removal method is electrolysis (laser is not as permanent and is not recommended on the face)

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:46 pm
I totally get it! My son has the same overgrown eyebrows. I'm considering taking him to the barber too, but I think doing it gradually is key. It shouldn't look to obvious.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:47 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
I don't know the best way but how'd you get a heter

I took my ds for several electrolysis appointments for his eyebrows - not quite a unibrow but a lot of hair in between. It is not assur to make "one" eyebrow into two because that is not something that only a woman would do. Shaping them via electrolysis could be problematic. So if by "overgrown" you mean thick or not shaped nicely, I don't know if that is allowed.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is a tweezers permanent?

Been tweezing for 40 years. Not permanent! But the number of hairs I need to remove does goes down over time. I started doing it as an adolescent over one summer vacation and I remember when I returned to school in the fall, one obnoxious girl in my class said to me in a loud voice that I she sees that I am now tweezing. Can't Believe It

singleagain

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 7:00 am
amother OP wrote:
Would this be permanent? if he starts touching it wouldnt it grow back double

It's not permanent but hair growth is not based on removal. Your hair grows from the root. Doesn't matter what you do to tip.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children