Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Palin's baby?!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:12 pm
cassandra wrote:
Aren't flight attendants trained to deliver babies?
I wonder what the airlines charge for that? Do they come around to collect at the end of the flight:

"Let's see, you ordered the movie headset, your husband had a martini and you had your baby onboard...that'll be $8,300. We prefer exact change."

cassandra

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:13 pm
chaylizi wrote:
just wondering. my last baby was almost an unassisted homebirth. it was an accident though (almost). not that I will be having one. I still can't convince him that I don't need a fully equipped OR across the hallway. whatever.

See? Now women all across America are going to say "If the presumptive Republican nominee for vice president can almost have her baby on an airplane, why can't I?" How can we vote for a man who selected a VP like this?

OldYoung

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:14 pm
Clarissa wrote:
cassandra wrote:
I wonder what the airlines charge for that? Do they come around to collect at the end of the flight:

"Let's see, you ordered the movie headset, your husband had a martini and you had your baby onboard...that'll be $8,300. We prefer exact change."

In that case I will start having my babies on planes instead of in a hospital. It's cheaper, and my husband gets a martini thrown in too.

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:17 pm
The things people will do for free air miles!

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:22 pm
cassandra wrote:

Not PREMIES! Known to have Down Syndrome! You can't be serious.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:26 pm
cassandra wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
just wondering. my last baby was almost an unassisted homebirth. it was an accident though (almost). not that I will be having one. I still can't convince him that I don't need a fully equipped OR across the hallway. whatever.

See? Now women all across America are going to say "If the presumptive Republican nominee for vice president can almost have her baby on an airplane, why can't I?" How can we vote for a man who selected a VP like this?

didn^t you read the other thread? I'm writing in my candidate. I'm voting for mickey mouse.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:37 pm
cassandra, do you really want a flight attendant delivering your baby? I think I'd trust my mother or next door neighbor more.

cassandra

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:39 pm
I personally would not. But I guess she doesn't have a very high opinion of Texans.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:43 pm
funny. texas has some of the most advanced medical centers in the US. in every specialty I've worked in, they look up to the dr's at MD Anderson Medical Center in Texas. I know that politicians know everything. I didn't realize that they are also knowledgeable enough to juege te medical care for the entire state as subpar. I guess you learn something every day.

Ima'la

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 2:04 pm
chavamom, I'm afraid I have to correct you on this one. Having flown both El-Al and Sha'arei Tzedek, I can assure you that their staffs train in the same place.
El-Al Stewardess: "Coffee, please? Tea, please?"
ST Midwife: "Epidural, please? Epidural, please?"

Wink

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 2:05 pm
Ima'la wrote:
chavamom, I'm afraid I have to correct you on this one. Having flown both El-Al and Sha'arei Tzedek, I can assure you that their staffs train in the same place.

Wink

Rolling Laughter

chavamom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 2:08 pm
Where is that smilie of someone spitting coffee on their monitor screen???? Ah, here it is

Ima'la

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 2:14 pm
Oops, sorry! Do you need a fresh coffee, please? LOL

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 2:32 pm
This thread is getting better all the time.

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 6:38 pm
soldat wrote:
hmmm...
but wouldn't it make more sense for Palin herself to have a child with downs b/c of her age?
interesting.

My son with DS was born to me when I was 26 years old. The age theory in relation to DS has gone out the window.

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 9:20 pm
mugsisme wrote:
Gamzu, it is a risk that goes up as you age.
wiki

I am not saying it doesn't happen. But don't most of our girls get married closer to 20? I know some of the chassidim have girls that get married at 17. I am not saying it doesn't happen. But please show me a stastic or an article about a teenager with a baby with ds.

My first cousin's daughter got married at 18 and had a baby with Down syndrome at 19. So much for teenage pregnancies that result in a Down syndrome birth!!

ora_43

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 7:02 am
Ima'la wrote:

Wink

Wow, I was in the wrong hospital! For you I recommend Hadassa Ein Karem, you won't be constantly offered an epidural there. In fact, I suspect that their anesthesiologist doesn't actually exist.

Personally I think it might not have been so bad giving birth on a plane. At least that way I could have self-medicated with mini bottles of vodka Twisted Evil .
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics