Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Brooklyn Store policies
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:37 pm
I think next day money back and 3 day store credit (but before yom tov, only until pesach, even if it’s less than 3 days) is doable.
However- they need a way to accept after hours returns- because getting back to the store before closing is very hard if you work full time. I think that would be helpful.

tweety1

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:00 pm
amother Currant wrote:
I once bought a full price dress and changed my mind and came back literally 20 minutes later and they wouldn't give me my money back. Their regular policy allowed for same or next day return for money back but it was Yom Tov season. I was pretty upset.

I had similar. Bought an item as they were closing. Was waiting by the door the next day for them to open. It was alot of money. I had no intention of returning. I really thought it would fit my kids. 2 of them. It was a strenuous time in my life. Was expensive item. I couldn't run around town searching for cheaper. This store was right next to me. I left the place literally bawling.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:48 pm
Shirtstop has 7 days to return. I think that’s very generous. I happen to always shop there bc of the policy. My youngest is a terror in stores so I bring it home have him try on after the bath and I’m usually back within a day or 2 for exchange/return

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know this conversation has come up 1 million times, but can we strike and boycott Brooklyn stores until they give us decent exchange and return policies?
I’m asking for decent , not extra privileges.
Can we seriously reach their pockets so they stop taking advantage of their customers? Yes, I feel very taken advantage of when there’s a one or two day exchange or store credit policy

From your op it is very obvious that you were unaware what frum stores have to go thru with mass returns. I'm sure the stores realize they lose business by having tight return policies. On the other hand they've been taken advantage of and can't function unless they have these strict return policies. They are in a tough spot.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:03 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Shirtstop has 7 days to return. I think that’s very generous. I happen to always shop there bc of the policy. My youngest is a terror in stores so I bring it home have him try on after the bath and I’m usually back within a day or 2 for exchange/return

For refund?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know this conversation has come up 1 million times, but can we strike and boycott Brooklyn stores until they give us decent exchange and return policies?
I’m asking for decent , not extra privileges.
Can we seriously reach their pockets so they stop taking advantage of their customers? Yes, I feel very taken advantage of when there’s a one or two day exchange or store credit policy

Ha ha.
The stores that have one or two day return policies are gold.
Those are the only ones I might frequent.
The rest I don't even bother with. I won't buy something that's not returnable unless I'm 1000% sure I want it. I don't even bother walking into those stores.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:09 pm
amother Wine wrote:
From your op it is very obvious that you were unaware what frum stores have to go thru with mass returns. I'm sure the stores realize they lose business by having tight return policies. On the other hand they've been taken advantage of and can't function unless they have these strict return policies. They are in a tough spot.

They lose more when people have half the stock sitting in their houses while customers can’t purchase what they need. At the end of the day people still shop in these stores and the few people they lose from these policies doesn’t hurt them much.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:11 pm
amother Blush wrote:
For refund?

Yes for refund.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:15 pm
amother Wine wrote:

I don't think stores lose business from tight return policies. They lose more money with generous return policies.
Stores are mobbed, despite the tight return policies.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:40 pm
The store credit only protects stores from people buying things they don’t intend to keep ie multiple sizes per kid.

Our styles are pretty specific and the high selling season short, as much as I don’t love it I’ve learnt to deal with the policies and only shop when I can manage them.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:37 pm
It's funny.

Everyone always stereotypes about bad customer service in Israel, but here most stores allow returns for two days and store credit for two weeks.

I think it's the law.

WhatFor

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:38 am
ra_mom wrote:
I won't buy something that's not returnable unless I'm 1000% sure I want it. I don't even bother walking into those stores.

Isn't that the goal though? Why would you buy something anyway if you weren't sure you want it? I guess it's a funny twist of having ADHD but this is how I've shopped for years. Even if it was Century 21 or Macy's. No matter how great the return policy, if I don't like it, odds are that it will sooner sit in a bag in my house for longer than that policy, and I'll be stuck with something I don't like. So I don't take things home if I'm unsure.

I think stores should obviously operate fairly, but as long as they're not violating any local laws and their policies are very clear, no one is "taking advantage". They're not selling basic sustenance in middle of a famine. These are boutique stores selling expensive yomtov clothing. They aren't libraries. They aren't gemachs. They operate to earn money for themselves and their families. They don't owe you a luxury clothing loan. Every minute an item isn't on their shelf while their store is mobbed is dozens of wasted opportunities to sell it to someone who would have actually wanted it.

To the poster arguing that stores are mobbed until erev chag so they'll sell it anyway, if it worked like that, they wouldn't need those policies. A woman returns 3 sets of the same clothing in different sizes a few days before chag. You're really confident that another woman who is makpid on matching, who happened to save her yt shopping for erev chag, who also coincidentally has 3 girls the exact same size, is going to come in and love that exact outfit? I'm assuming that stores decided that's too risky an assumption to make based on their experience.

unnamed

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 3:25 am
amother OP wrote:
It’s funny because I love shopping online and hate paying local prices. I try to shop local to support my community. The stores complain business is slow because of online shopping.
I need to stop supporting this I see.

If you shop local to support them, why do you propose a boycott? That's not very supportive
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics