Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3 y.o. acting up

cl

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 9:06 am
Here's an ex from yesterday:
I was getting supper ready in the kitchen and the neighbours' daughters were playing with my 1y.o. in the garden. My 3y.o. asked to do painting. I said not now but u cud do colouring instead. I got him the markers he likes and he chose the paper an he sat down on the floor to colour. He made a nice picture which he showed me an I commented on an then I continued in the kitchen.
Less than 5mins later I turn around to see him scribbling all over the couch. He has never scribbled on furniture before an he is for sure old enough to know better. I told him off, took the markers away and said we will deal with it soon (cos I really didnt know the appropriate punishemnt) and went to get the baby from the garden.
In the couple of minutes I was outside he found a marker under the couch and scribbled a thick black layer of colour over his two hands, front and back and then pat-a-caked handprints over the other couch and his play-table.

How would u deal with this?
The minute my back is turned he acts up.
Is it normal for him to need constant attention?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers