Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Segula to get money back?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 9:27 am
Unfortunately we transferred a large sum of money to the wrong person. The person does not seem to be returning it. We have tried everything to get the money back. Besides for Davening which we are doing endlessly, does anyone know of a segula for this purpose?

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 9:30 am
Ouch! I'm sorry.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 9:31 am
Review your maser and make sure that you are up to date.

Say the passuk for r Meir bal haness

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 9:32 am
My stomach just dropped reading your thread. I am so sorry, I feel this pain for you so much. I think it's horrible how people can get away with this. I don't know of a segulah but if you'd like to PM or post your name, I'd love to daven for you that Hashem will return the money.

EMEN

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 10:04 am
I heard of a segula to promise maaser on the returned funds even though you aren't obligated to give maaser on it.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 10:36 am
File a police report. The money is traceable. The money went into the persons bank account. Sometimes police will personal info of the person who got the money.
Once you have the police report you can call or go to the bank to explain the issue. You can also send a lawyer letter to the person who got the money and/or sue for the money.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 10:38 am
I’m so sorry. We lost a huge amount of money in what turned out to be essentially a Ponzi scheme. It’s painful. And we are very careful with maaser, in fact we give much more than we need to.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Unfortunately we transferred a large sum of money to the wrong person. The person does not seem to be returning it. We have tried everything to get the money back. Besides for Davening which we are doing endlessly, does anyone know of a segula for this purpose?

I’m so sorry this happened to you!!!
I know that giving money to r meir baal haness and doing the tefilla is a thing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:36 pm
I tried all the advice here. Iyh looking forward to updating with good news soon. Thank you everyone.

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 11:52 pm
Have your husband learn
Choshen Mishpat. Daven for the person who owes you money.Work out a plan where he pays x dollars a week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics