Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Food processor (Hamilton Beach or other, at bingo)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 7:54 am
Sunny Days wrote:
Seeker, did you see any of these?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nut.....=true

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ham.....=true

Yes. The second one is the same idea as #1 I posted above just bigger. Has some more bells and whistles too (extra blades).

Both seem like overkill for what I'm looking for now but if I wanted something for the year rather than pesach it would be worth considering probably.

Springing for this at all is already a questionable budget choice when there are so many other things we need for Pesach so the difference between 40-50 and 70-80 is also an issue for me. The biggest advantage of the 10c Hamilton Beach ones is that they're inexpensive enough that I don't need to overthink it and it's not a huge loss if they're not All That (and yet here I am overthinking it because I'm terrible at shopping)

goodgirl

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:33 am
Not to derail thread but does anyone know how to get in contact with a live person at bingo? Their number is giving me the runaround. I accidentally had two things in my cart that weren’t paid for and I want to pay by phone as I don’t live close by

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 3:07 pm
seeker wrote:
Yes. The second one is the same idea as #1 I posted above just bigger. Has some more bells and whistles too (extra blades).

Both seem like overkill for what I'm looking for now but if I wanted something for the year rather than pesach it would be worth considering probably.

Springing for this at all is already a questionable budget choice when there are so many other things we need for Pesach so the difference between 40-50 and 70-80 is also an issue for me. The biggest advantage of the 10c Hamilton Beach ones is that they're inexpensive enough that I don't need to overthink it and it's not a huge loss if they're not All That (and yet here I am overthinking it because I'm terrible at shopping)

So I just checked the nutrichef on amazon and it’s about $52 https://www.amazon.com/NutriCh.....ss_tl

Anyone knows how nutrichef compares to Hamilton beach?
I like that it has the juicer option.

Also, how do you people grind marror? It’s not too thick with the shred blade?

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 7:28 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
So I just checked the nutrichef on amazon and it’s about $52 https://www.amazon.com/NutriCh.....ss_tl

I used the regular grating blade for horseradish last year and it worked perfectly. A little coarser than I would have liked but there's only one grating option. This was on the one they're selling at bingo which I borrowed from someone else last year and started this whole trip.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:15 am
So I still didn't order one and I really want to and why am I so bad at making these decisions when it's a dumb $50 that feels like a lot right now but will not make me richer or poorer in the meaningful future 🙈

YounginBP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:48 am
goodgirl wrote:
Not to derail thread but does anyone know how to get in contact with a live person at bingo? Their number is giving me the runaround. I accidentally had two things in my cart that weren’t paid for and I want to pay by phone as I don’t live close by

I should have the manager's email for the Boro Park one. Or try this number 718-407-1272

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 4:45 pm
seeker wrote:
So I still didn't order one and I really want to and why am I so bad at making these decisions when it's a dumb $50 that feels like a lot right now but will not make me richer or poorer in the meaningful future 🙈

You are overthinking this for one week and you'll miss out like you did on a laptop last year 😜

You liked what you used last year? It'll be fine to get that this year. Even if it's not A+, A should be good enough.
And if you're really unhappy, you can probably sell it for 70% of what you purchased it for...

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 5:21 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You are overthinking this for one week and you'll miss out like you did on a laptop last year 😜

You liked what you used last year? It'll be fine to get that this year. Even if it's not A+, A should be good enough.
And if you're really unhappy, you can probably sell it for 70% of what you purchased it for...

Got a laptop I'm happy with by doing more homework and waiting for the right moment but yeah you have a great memory 😜

I was actually kinda hoping that one of the options would become unavailable and I'd be like oh well better grab the other one before it disappears too. But so far they're all steady and I need to make a move in time for Pesach (I mean I wish I were already prepared enough to even take something out of the box. But if I order from Walmart the shipping isn't overnight.)

Resale value would probably be very low but what can you expect from a $40 item.

The issue with the one I used last year is it's only sold by the place with the least return policy. It's also the highest price though they're all within a $10 range and I just have an emotional problem with the way I'm bleeding money at the moment. And also I need to go to the store for it, which is how I got into this problem in the first place, because I didn't have time and energy to get to the store so I decided to look it up online.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 6:13 pm
Order the one you borrowed last year. This way there are no unknowns.

goodgirl

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 6:26 pm
YounginBP wrote:
I should have the manager's email for the Boro Park one. Or try this number 718-407-1272

Thanks but that number also goes nowhere. If you have an email that would be great. Thanks

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Order the one you borrowed last year. This way there are no unknowns.

They don't sell it online anymore

Hello2u2

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:46 pm
I have 2 (pesach and all year) of the Bingo Hamilton Beach food processors and they are good for me. doesn't have a capacity big enough for 9x13 but no big deal, I empty the graded potatoes twice. otherwise I'm happy with it. I know 2 more ppl who are happy.
I did have an issue that the blade snapped in middle of use, but that can happen with any machine.
btw, this is a discontinued model.. service and parts will be more difficult.. im hesitating if to purchase a new blade for $23....

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:51 pm
Hello2u2 wrote:
I have 2 (pesach and all year) of the Bingo Hamilton Beach food processors and they are good for me. doesn't have a capacity big enough for 9x13 but no big deal, I empty the graded potatoes twice. otherwise I'm happy with it. I know 2 more ppl who are happy.
I did have an issue that the blade snapped in middle of use, but that can happen with any machine.
btw, this is a discontinued model.. service and parts will be more difficult.. im hesitating if to purchase a new blade for $23....

Yeah the fact it's discontinued is another hesitation of mine. Though I think on these cheap ones it's usually not worth replacing parts anyway.

The question is - if this is an older model is it better to
A. Grab one while it lasts, they don't make em like they used to or
B. Get a newer one, maybe they improved it with updates

Hello2u2

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:06 pm
seeker wrote:
Yeah the fact it's discontinued is another hesitation of mine. Though I think on these cheap ones it's usually not worth replacing parts anyway.

The question is - if this is an older model is it better to
A. Grab one while it lasts, they don't make em like they used to or
B. Get a newer one, maybe they improved it with updates

I wouldnt give up on the kugel blade, so theres my opinion...

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:00 am
So now my question is nutrichef vs Hamilton Beach.

I believe I have shared that I am TERRIBLE at shopping. Judge away. We all have different strengths and this is not mine. I think I'm fairly nice though.

I bought the Hamilton Beach because my sister in law has had it for 10 years (of pesach, so in essence 10 weeks) and it works.

I wanted to buy another for someone else, but the same one was out of stock. Instead they now have Nutrichef. It has a bigger capacity (12c vs 10) and more wattage (600 vs 500.) However, I don't have any familiarity with the brand. For example if their materials are junky then more power won't help. They both have a kugel blade, Nutrichef also has additional attachments that are not enough of a deciding factor for me.

They were the same price and I had committed (not quite promised but) to buy *A* food processor for someone else, so I bought it.

Now I have two unopened food processors in my trunk and I need to decide which one to keep. And I need to do it fast because Pesach is getting soon.

Hamilton Beach has great reviews from humans I know, Nutrichef has better reviews online. Nutrichef seems to be trying to knockoff Braun, while HB seems to know its station but its station is cheap.

Calling in my imamother emotional support personal shopping team because I'm too embarrassed to dither like this in real life. Help

Last edited by seeker on Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Seeking

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:28 am
Following

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:45 am
Sunny Days wrote:

Did you end up getting it? Do you like it?

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:53 am
seeker wrote:
Did you end up getting it? Do you like it?

It’s sitting in my guest room in the box.

Something came up and we won’t be home for pesach in the end…

Can’t decide if I should open, toivel and try it.
Return it
Or put it away and see next year what’s it like- and if there are any concerns I can’t return…
Husband thinks we should keep it so less things to buy next year iyh, but again, if it’s a lemon I’m definitely stuck…

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:56 am
seeker wrote:
So now my question is nutrichef vs Hamilton Beach.

I believe I have shared that I am TERRIBLE at shopping. Judge away. We all have different strengths and this is not mine. I think I'm fairly nice though.

I bought the Hamilton Beach because my sister in law has had it for 10 years (of pesach, so in essence 10 weeks) and it works.

I wanted to buy another for someone else, but the same one was out of stock. Instead they now have Nutrichef. It has a bigger capacity (12c vs 10) and more wattage (600 vs 500.) However, I don't have any familiarity with the brand. For example if their materials are junky then more power won't help. They both have a kugel blade, Nutrichef also has additional attachments that are not enough of a deciding factor for me.

They were the same price and I had committed (not quite promised but) to buy *A* food processor for someone else, so I bought it.

Now I have two unopened food processors in my trunk and I need to decide which one to keep. And I need to do it fast because Pesach is getting soon.

Hamilton Beach has great reviews from humans I know, Nutrichef has better reviews online. Nutrichef seems to be trying to knockoff Braun, while HB seems to know its station but its station is cheap.

Calling in my imamother emotional support personal shopping team because I'm too embarrassed to dither like this in real life. Help

Ha! I relate very much to this! But you made me LOL
And from the online persona I know- you are absolutely very nice- definitely more important than being an impulse shopper Wink

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:14 am
Sunny Days wrote:
It’s sitting in my guest room in the box.

Something came up and we won’t be home for pesach in the end…

Can’t decide if I should open, toivel and try it.
Return it
Or put it away and see next year what’s it like- and if there are any concerns I can’t return…
Husband thinks we should keep it so less things to buy next year iyh, but again, if it’s a lemon I’m definitely stuck…

I would return, unless you are making enough pesach food at home that you can give it a good test drive. By next pesach if you have an issue nobody is going to help you with it. There will be more metzias next year iyh. Hopefully by then we'll all need Israeli voltage too, and conversions are a pain.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars