Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Has anyone been successful using berberine for weight loss?

jflower

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 4:49 pm
There was another post earlier today with a link to an article that discussed natural weight loss supplements. One of the supplements mentioned was Berberine. Has anyone used it and successfully lost weight?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:39 pm
I took it for a few weeks, two pills per day. I felt less bloated than usual, but not less hungry. Maybe it works best if you take it in the morning with breakfast, or you need more than two. Definitely going to try again in a few months.

jflower

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:54 pm
Amother Purple, thanks so much for your response. I am wary of taking a supplement that has GI disturbance as a side effect so was hoping to hear from someone who was successful. Best of luck.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:04 am
I think there’s very little evidence for it in the research literature. More for blood sugar control but even that the jury is still out.

Sean Wharton is one of the authors of the 2030 obesity Canada best practice guidelines

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6884725

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:08 am
jflower wrote:
There was another post earlier today with a link to an article that discussed natural weight loss supplements. One of the supplements mentioned was Berberine. Has anyone used it and successfully lost weight?

Don’t you think if it really worked more people would know about it and talk about it??!!

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 12:07 am
I tried it I took it for a few days and it made me so sick it took me weeks to recover. Severe cramping, vomiting, diarrhea… I guess if you can’t eat and everything comes up or out that’s one way to lose weight.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 12:17 am
There’s a certain nutritionist that is coming out with a Berberine pill. I’m curious why someone wouldn’t just get any generic one? Is it all the same ?

brachabrooke

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 1:10 am
On its own it doesn’t work but in combo with other ingredients like she’s coming out with it should. I’m very excited for it!my doctor approved it and my brother who’s a big researcher likes the combo of what’s in there

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 1:20 am
I am so interested in hearing a non biased opinion about this pill and if anyone knows if it’s safe to take when nursing? That post baby weight is so stubborn !!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 1:21 am
brachabrooke wrote:
On its own it doesn’t work but in combo with other ingredients like she’s coming out with it should. I’m very excited for it!my doctor approved it and my brother who’s a big researcher likes the combo of what’s in there

Ur dr?

brachabrooke

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 1:22 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Ur dr?

Yes

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 1:33 am
amother Daphne wrote:
I am so interested in hearing a non biased opinion about this pill and if anyone knows if it’s safe to take when nursing? That post baby weight is so stubborn !!

I've used it when blood sugar felt high although I don't have diagnoses. It definitely helped yet for weight loss I imagine it could only work if someone actuyhas an issue that it's mending.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise