Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I am a normal person, but I completely lost it
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:14 pm
Thank you, I am actually surprised how validating you all were. I was going to sit in my guilt for long while.
Instead I rested for a few hours before the next shopping trip. (Gonna have to make up those hours of work, oh well) and went myself with kids to do it.
I apologized to DH, told him we are always a team, thanked him for his effort up until now but reminded him that being pregnant means I am always battling some sort of ache, pain or discomfort and might not always have brain space for his.
I also reminded him how important this other task I asked for is to me.
I don't think he has the capacity to to the shopping and I will have to set myself up better for next year.
I am usually good pacing myself and delegating but this pregnancy was long awaited and I completely forgot how weak, tired and overloaded I can feel.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:24 pm
Wow, I'm not sure whether to be ashamed that I have so much less grace than that, or to just take lessons and inspiration. You are really rocking this.

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 3:52 pm
I also can‘t stand to hear my husband complaining about his booboos when I’m pregnant… 🙄 just suck it up, man!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 4:39 pm
Adhd is an explanation not an excuse. He needs to learn executive functioning skills and how to get himself motivated.

not sure what you mean with the aches and pains but thats not the typical unless theyre somatic... so youd want him to see a Dr get full workup to gain some clarity. Have u tried not to feed it or be an enabler. he should be expected to hold down a predicable schedule despite his pains. ppl w chronic illness do very well in life depite their diagnosis.

Last but nof least learn what he's not too good at and just get that done whatever the cost. Your nerves are worth more.

pause

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:41 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
I also can‘t stand to hear my husband complaining about his booboos when I’m pregnant… 🙄 just suck it up, man!

Me too.
I've literally told him when he complains about his aching back or stuffed nose or whatever, "Do you want to trade places?" When I'm pregnant, my back always hurts, and also my veins, and also I can't breathe and can't eat and and and... Don't you dare complain to me about your poor tummy ache!
I know I should be more empathetic towards him, but pregnancy turns me into that kind of monster.

OP, you're a hero!

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:43 pm
Moonlight wrote:
May be worth ordering from store and paying extra $10 to deliver if you can

Most stores don’t do online orders this week. I wish!

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:53 pm
OP May Hashem look down and Bless you with all you need and Nachas, good health. You are doing this in honor of Pesach and its so not easy in your situation. May you always have much Shefa. I hope you took that little break to get a drink. I myself would have been lost way before. You deserve this! Cheers

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 6:37 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs

Dont send a man to the grocery store, Jeanne Robertson
Enjoy

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:36 pm
https://www.sunnyskyz.com/funn.....Store
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics