Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I dropped 2 containers of blueberries on chometz floor

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:54 am
I am exhausted and I have physical problems that make preparing for Pesach even harder. I dropped 2 containers of my blueberries on my kitchen floor which is not yet ready for Peasch. I am too tired to go back and exchange at non kosher store. I was planning on using them for pesach.What would you do? can I just wash them off? I'm crying because I'm too embarrassed to ask me rabbi and let him know what fragile state Iam in.

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:55 am
Just wash them it’s totally fine

singleagain

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:56 am
What would you do with the blueberries if it wasn't pesach and dropped on the floor

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:56 am
amother Brickred wrote:
Just wash them it’s totally fine

This.

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:57 am
Wash them, no big deal.

And why would you think it's ok to exchange them? Why should someone else get the blueberries that were all over your floor?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:00 am
Unless they fell into a pile of glue and then into a pile of breadcrumbs I’d wash them very well and use them, but I still think you should call your rabbi. You’ll feel better after you hear him tell you it’s okay. Don’t worry about what he’ll think of you. This is his busy season. He gets so many calls, by the time he goes to sleep at night he can’t remember where he put his matzos away, much less who asked him what.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:12 am
amother OP wrote:
I am exhausted and I have physical problems that make preparing for Pesach even harder. I dropped 2 containers of my blueberries on my kitchen floor which is not yet ready for Peasch. I am too tired to go back and exchange at non kosher store. I was planning on using them for pesach.What would you do? can I just wash them off? I'm crying because I'm too embarrassed to ask me rabbi and let him know what fragile state Iam in.

So many of us are with you in the same state as you. And I'm sure your rav understands where everyone is at.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:34 am
amother OP wrote:

If you mean fresh berries, yes,you can just wash them off. Thats what I would do.
Please take a break and do something for yourself, Dropping a container can happen to anyone. I once dropped all my eggs erev Pesach on my kitchen floor, we couldnt wash them off and use them!! It was some job getting the gunk cleaned up. Zol Zein Kaparah.
Have a Good Shabbos, Kosher and happy Pesach and please take care of yourself.

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:46 am
It's not as if the blueberries you purchased were guaranteed to be chametz-free, and then you got chametz all over them when you dropped them.

Just wash them.

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:54 am
I am pretty sure that things on the floor before Pesach is very different than things on the floor during Pesach. And even then there is probably what to do. Don’t worry about asking silly Pesach question to your rav because I HAVE ASKED THEM ALL ALREADY! 😂😂😂 And yes, totally feeling as you are now. (Have been going non stop since 5:30 am. Just sat down to eat a bar of Schmerling chocolate = fuel for the day.

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:27 am
What makes you think the person who packaged them didn't just finish eating chometz? Etc. Just don't wash them in a pesadik strainer if you're nervous. Feel good.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:33 am
Halachikly you can wash them and use, before pesach, and on pesach.
Hug I hope you have a little one around who can pick them up for you.
Chag Kasher V'sameach!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics