Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby carrier for newborn (sensitive back)

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 27 2024, 11:55 pm
Looking for a soft uncomplicated baby carrier for my next baby iyH. We have a baby Bjorn that my husband is happy with but I'd like something more cozy and less cumbersome/bulky for myself. Also nursing friendly if possible.

I like the idea of the baby ktan but not sure if I will have an issue with it because of the lack of lumbar support. I've tried the boppy comfyfit which I liked but would rather something without long wrap ties, I found it annoying to put on and take off particularly when out and about. And I'd also really love for it to be something I can nurse in which was definitely too hard in the baby Bjorn but even in the boppy I didn't find to be so doable.

I have small babies and don't need it to last forever (especially since I can't really handle wearing 15+ lbs regardless of how evenly distributed the weight is) so something meant for newborns is fine. Not looking to spend more than $70.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Looking for a soft uncomplicated baby carrier for my next baby iyH. We have a baby Bjorn that my husband is happy with but I'd like something more cozy and less cumbersome/bulky for myself. Also nursing friendly if possible.

I like the idea of the baby ktan but not sure if I will have an issue with it because of the lack of lumbar support. I've tried the boppy comfyfit which I liked but would rather something without long wrap ties, I found it annoying to put on and take off particularly when out and about. And I'd also really love for it to be something I can nurse in which was definitely too hard in the baby Bjorn but even in the boppy I didn't find to be so doable.

I have small babies and don't need it to last forever (especially since I can't really handle wearing 15+ lbs regardless of how evenly distributed the weight is) so something meant for newborns is fine. Not looking to spend more than $70.

I liked the lille baby it had good lumbar support

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 3:26 am
We had the K'Tan but as our baby got bigger I ended up getting an Ergo 360 and loving it. Regardless though, everyone's ideal carrier is going to differ by body type and other factors.

If you can, I'd put out a message to a local mother's group asking people if they have any carriers you could trial for just a day. Or if you're considering only specific ones, ask about those. Look online and make sure you're wearing it and adjusting it a hundred percent properly for your size and baby. That's the best way, imo, to make sure you're getting one that works for you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:36 pm
Thanks for the responses. I think the lille baby looks more structured than what I'm looking for. And yes, trying them out with baby is probably the best way but I'd like to get something ahead of time so I can have it at the beginning. Asking around to see if anyone had similar needs and found something that suited them well and can share their experience since that would help!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 2:35 pm
I loved the boppy with my newborn but hear you about the long ties

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 2:36 pm
I have baby ktan and iirc it's Israeli ♥
But all hurt my back
Baby bjorn the worst

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 2:43 pm
I have a bad back. I use the boppy until they're about 12 lbs and then switch to the lilebaby. I can still comfortably wear my almost 1 year old

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 3:08 pm
I have an artipoppe. It’s expensive, but I used affirm to help me pay it in installments. My back is trash and I can’t just buy anything.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Apr 29 2024, 7:52 pm
I have had the Boba and the Ergo, both had good back support. They both have multiple models, look on their websites to see if any look more appealing to you.

Many models of babybjorn don't have good back support (though at least one or two do have). I saw my friend using her baby ktan, she showed me how it works, I don't think it would have enough support for me.

ray family

Post Mon, Apr 29 2024, 10:41 pm
If you’re not looking for an ssc and you’re not interested in wrapping , then I’d try a ring sling. They’re great for newborns and smaller babies.
Also, if you are still wearing once your baby is a bit older try putting him/her on your back. The weight feels very different than when wearing on your front.
I’d recommend borrowing before investing in a new carrier so you can see what’s comfortable for you.

AshkenazMom

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 6:18 pm
A ring sling is an amazing tool for maternity and breastfeeding. Specially during the first months, and then when toddlers walk but ask for arms in the middle of anywhere. They are not expensive and once you get used to the correct position on the baby, it is very quickly to put it on or off. For me was (an still is) a lifesaver.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 04 2024, 2:24 pm
Thank you all for taking the time to respond!! I will look into your suggestions and see if I can find something that suit me. Appreciate the help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics