Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Exhausted.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:20 pm
Kids have been watching almost all day. I’m 35 weeks pregnant and cannot move. It’s just our small family, three kids. But feels like so much work. I am completely wiped and drained. So much guilt that the kids are on screens all day. Husband is working today.
What is wrong with me.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:23 pm
I'm 19 weeks and exhausted. Just can't wait for regular schedule to resume... I can't even imagine being in your situation.
Videos were created for ppl in your situation. Don't see why you feel guilty. My sister who's not pregnant sat her kids in front of a screen so she can clean up and get ready. Last night my sis in laws paid $40/person to go watch a movie.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:26 pm
I am 9 weeks and exhausted and so hormonal I just want to cry. Husband's sister wants to host us and inlaws and another sibling tomorrow and have us all eat outside in the boiling weather since we won't fit in her house. I came to my inlaws. Not to sweat at dh sister who we can see anytime

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Kids have been watching almost all day. I’m 35 weeks pregnant and cannot move. It’s just our small family, three kids. But feels like so much work. I am completely wiped and drained. So much guilt that the kids are on screens all day. Husband is working today.
What is wrong with me.

Please don't feel guilty. You're in a tough situation

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:34 pm
I am not pregnant and my kids have been in front of a screen all day.
DH and I both have a stomach virus Crying I feel awful because DH worked both days chol hamoed and thought maybe he'd be able to do something with the kids today because it's Sunday, but instead we're both in bed

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:56 pm
I’m 3 weeks pp with a newborn, beyond exhausted, my kids also in front of screens all day, super picky eaters so eating junk all day and I feel so guilty and sad and can’t understand how/why frum lifestyle requires such a long yuntif that seems unhealthy and cruel to parents who can’t possibly cook/clean for the day while also taking care of newborn and other kids and make yuntif. And this is a pp hormonal vent despite knowing I’m lucky to have lots of help but still just want to go to sleep and not wake up till pesach is over

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:59 pm
Also exhausted. Not pregnant. Kids in front of screens all day. Not feeling guilty though, too tired to feel.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:01 pm
Kids here also just had 3 hours of screen time. It was their choice though. They'll go the next 48 hours without screens

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:18 pm
Not pregnant . Beyond exhausted and sad that I can’t wait for this to be over . I don’t think this is how it was intended to be . And I have help! But it’s just all too much!

giftedmom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
What is wrong with me.

You’re a hero for getting this far. When I’m 35 weeks I’m in the bath all day.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:36 pm
I feel so validated now lol
My feet and fingers are swollen from the heat and standing all day.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:39 pm
Also don’t think this could possibly be how Hashem intended pesach to be. I’d be mortified for non Jews or not religious Jews to see inside our houses…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics