Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Traveling Alone w/ 4 Kids
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 12:10 pm
This summer, I'm going to be traveling Trans-Atlantic alone with my 4 kids k"h. They are 10, 7, 5 and 3. We will have one or two stopovers. My current stroller is falling apart, so I'm in the market for a new one regardless. I thought to get one that can fit in the cabin of the plane.

Does that make sense? What should I get? The 3 year old still uses her stroller often. She is not a good walker so I need something that I can use outside of the airport as well. (Meaning, it needs to push normally enough.)

Please advise.

Also, I'm not TTC at the moment, but I may be in another year G-d willing... But for now, she's my baby and I'm not expecting.

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 1:02 pm
No specific stroller advice, but good luck!! Surprised

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 1:25 pm
I use my bugaboo butterfly ALL the time.
My husband does not like brand name items but it's his favorite stroller as well - because it just WORKS!
Great push, great fold, lightweight, and should fit in the cabin of the aircraft.

greenavocados

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 2:09 pm
The joolz aer folds super small and is allowed on. Also a great stroller all round.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 2:36 pm
DrMom wrote:
No specific stroller advice, but good luck!! Surprised

Thanks! I'll need it. I am going one way with DH, but then he has to leave early to go back to work so I'm going home myself with the kids. The 10 yo can be helpful. The next 2 less so. They love to complain about how much they hate walking. But they both have good stamina complaints aside Smile We walk quite a bit with them in general. Don't own a car.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 2:39 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
My husband does not like brand name items but it's his favorite stroller as well - because it just WORKS!
Great push, great fold, lightweight, and should fit in the cabin of the aircraft.

Did you compare it with the Yoyo+? I've been eyeing that one and I noticed that the Butterfly is exactly the same price.

DH thinks we should take the almost broken stroller and kill it. But I value my sanity. And I've had major issues with gate checked strollers in the past. Waiting and waiting. Having to go to baggage to look for stroller. Having the stroller LOST. (That was a mini nightmare. Me, one 19 month old and luckily a baby carrier but nothing else) and lots of luggage.)

I decided I need something that goes ON the plane so I don't have to be with said 3 YO loose. She can get in moods and run away. Maybe she'll mature, but still not taking the risk

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 2:40 pm
greenavocados wrote:
The joolz aer folds super small and is allowed on. Also a great stroller all round.

I'll check it out.

AshkenazMom

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 3:42 pm
greenavocados wrote:

I use it every day in the rainy Hamburg and it works perfectly! I have used it in the forest, with snow, under the rain, etc.. I have travelled to South America with it... very light and easy to handle.

meamother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 4:18 pm
Yoyo is allowed on the plane.
We tried going cheap and got something similar but cheaper. Turns out they wouldn’t allow it on the plane as it folds slightly bigger than a yoyo.
Don’t know how it would compare with the butterfly.
Hatzlachah! Hope it all goes smoothly.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 4:59 pm
No stroller advice but very important - make sure you speak to the agent/airline about any documents you may need especially a letter from your husband giving you permission to fly with the children.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 5:00 pm
Second the joolz aer
I wanted the to buy the bugaboo butterfly but when I went to 2 stores they both told me its a terrible stroller and are constantly getting people bringing it back for repairs..

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 6:35 pm
Love my bugaboo butterfly for this, also from what I remember when I bought it it has a much bigger basket than the joolz

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 7:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did you compare it with the Yoyo+? I've been eyeing that one and I noticed that the Butterfly is exactly the same price.

DH thinks we should take the almost broken stroller and kill it. But I value my sanity. And I've had major issues with gate checked strollers in the past. Waiting and waiting. Having to go to baggage to look for stroller. Having the stroller LOST. (That was a mini nightmare. Me, one 19 month old and luckily a baby carrier but nothing else) and lots of luggage.)

I decided I need something that goes ON the plane so I don't have to be with said 3 YO loose. She can get in moods and run away. Maybe she'll mature, but still not taking the risk

I have the yo-yo and it’s much more slight than the butterfly, I hope to upgrade and get the butterfly soon iyh.

Eta that I have the yoyo for a few years and use it a lot- and have siblings with the butterfly.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Ginger wrote:

This. Amazing stroller smooth push one button open close

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 7:39 pm
Uppababy Minu can go on the plane.

Pomelo

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 7:57 pm
Another vote for joolz aer, had a minu but it is much easier to fold, and I prefer how it pushes to the yoyo. Traveled with it to Israel and I did gate check it. Also much easier to recline than minu! (Use it for 2.5 yo and infant.)

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 8:57 pm
No stroller advice, but I’ve seen people take scooters for their non stroller kids. It helps them not have to walk and gives something to do during stopovers.

bsy

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 9:02 pm
https://annaeverywhere.com/bes.....avel/

Iymnok

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 9:24 pm
I know that airlines know that the yoyo fits in the bins of planes, so they always let it, or copies on.
I don't know about other strollers.

I borrowed the yoyo for my baby. I enjoyed it for my newborn, bit then got annoyed with it by 4 months. Mostly the insecure basket. Bags would fall out.

It should not be hard to borrow a yoyo for travel.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 9:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
This summer, I'm going to be traveling Trans-Atlantic alone with my 4 kids k"h. They are 10, 7, 5 and 3. We will have one or two stopovers. My current stroller is falling apart, so I'm in the market for a new one regardless. I thought to get one that can fit in the cabin of the plane.

Does that make sense? What should I get? The 3 year old still uses her stroller often. She is not a good walker so I need something that I can use outside of the airport as well. (Meaning, it needs to push normally enough.)

Please advise.

Also, I'm not TTC at the moment, but I may be in another year G-d willing... But for now, she's my baby and I'm not expecting.

We’ve had the cybex beezy for 2+ years and are very happy with it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics