Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Extreme behavior, arm flapping, weird eye movements
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:03 pm
DD had strep on Yom Tov, after a year of continuous infection. Her behavior on Yom Tov was great and now I’m thinking it might be because she was on antibiotics. I usually know to get her checked for strep judging by her crazy behavior.
Since Yom Tov she’s been off her rocker, took her for a re-culture and no strep was found.
She got off the school bus today and dropped to the ground and crawled home. Had a few accidents today and she hasn’t had a single one during Yom Tov. Later she had an attack for 30 mins not wanting to be bathed when she normally loves the bath.
I want to get bloodwork done to check for Lymes and elevated strep levels.
However, we’ve been concerned about her behaviors for months, and they’ve been getting better, then regressing and so on.
She continuously flapped her hands during her attack today, which I’ve been noticing more recently, and it’s brought up my fears of her having ASD, which we haven’t completely ruled out yet. She also does an eye-movement I don’t like, being that there is a history of epilepsy and absence seizures in my family.
I know this seems like a lot but I would really appreciate any guidance and advice.
I’ve had her evaluated through the school district but they don’t see enough yet and told me to re-apply in 6 months if I’m still concerned.
I would like to evaluate privately perhaps, but I need someone really really knowledgeable.
Thank you!

effess

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:12 pm
How old is your daughter?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:16 pm
effess wrote:
How old is your daughter?

Nearly three and a half

amother
Dill

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:16 pm
Classic pandas. I know that everyone likes to joke about it here, but this is really as classic as can be.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:20 pm
This is really classic asd. Get her evaluated. The sooner you start with appropriate therapies the sooner she’ll be on a path to success.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:45 pm
amother Dill wrote:
Classic pandas. I know that everyone likes to joke about it here, but this is really as classic as can be.
I agree with this.

But you should also rule out seizures.

She may qualify for an asd diagnosis based on her symptoms, but asd isn't a root cause. Both seizures and pandas/pans can cause asd.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:58 pm
Pandas 100%. If she was better while on antibiotics.

Many pandas symptoms look like asd and adhd. Hatzlacha

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:03 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
I agree with this.

But you should also rule out seizures.

She may qualify for an asd diagnosis based on her symptoms, but asd isn't a root cause. Both seizures and pandas/pans can cause asd.

Thank you for your response! I wonder if I should get her evaluated for ASD anyway to get more targeted care and for us to better understand her.

We’re also working on ruling out seizures.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:04 pm
amother Dill wrote:

I really appreciate your response! I was thinking Pandas because I see it all over the place, but I wanted to hear what imas were thinking.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:05 pm
Asd is a root cause. Please get your daughter the help she deserves. A full eval also neurologist to rule out seizures or other brain abnormalities.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
This is really classic asd. Get her evaluated. The sooner you start with appropriate therapies the sooner she’ll be on a path to success.

Thank you for your response! The problem have with evaluations is not knowing where to go for the most accurately results.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for your response! The problem I have with evaluations is not knowing where to go for the most accurate results.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:13 pm
Have you checked her for brain inflammation?
Had an MRI?
Neurological possibilities should be ruled out first.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for your response! I wonder if I should get her evaluated for ASD anyway to get more targeted care and for us to better understand her.

We’re also working on ruling out seizures.
You can get her evaluated for asd, and also at the same time get her worked up for pandas

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:20 pm
it can also be both. my child has an asd diagnosis and always behavioral and always anxious. but just had a bout where she was impossible. hysterically anxious ect, did not test positive for strep but went on antibiotics anyways and was back to her old self in less than 48 hours. dr said that kids like these are prone to pans. so it's not neccesarily one or the other.

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:23 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
Asd is a root cause. Please get your daughter the help she deserves. A full eval also neurologist to rule out seizures or other brain abnormalities.

She may be presenting as ASD because of Pandas. It can be very confusing.

OP, there is a what's app group where you can get lots of info and support, let me know if you want the contact info to be added to the group.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:27 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
She may be presenting as ASD because of Pandas. It can be very confusing.

OP, there is a what's app group where you can get lots of info and support, let me know if you want the contact info to be added to the group.

I don’t want to hikack the thread but this post could have been written by me, every part of it. Anyway I can have the contact info to be added to the pandas WhatsApp group? Thanks

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:33 pm
Go to a neurologist.

crystal

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:35 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
I don’t want to hikack the thread but this post could have been written by me, every part of it. Anyway I can have the contact info to be added to the pandas WhatsApp group? Thanks

PM me

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:55 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
Go to a neurologist.

Already been a year ago; all she summed it up to was behavior. Well, thank you for telling me what I already know. 24 hour EEG showed nothing. I feel like an MRI is definitely needed, just not sure where to go yet.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics