Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3 year old warts all over- AT MY WITS END!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:07 pm
She has then on her hands, all over her fingers. It spread to her face and has them all over lips and chin. Over 50 warts and it keeps climbing.
I tried the natural route like tee tree oil, the OTC route (compound W), and even freezing them off. I can't duct tape her entire hand so that wont work.
I can't freeze them off again as she screamed and it came right back.
If you had a situation where your child had many many warts and you got rid of them, please share what you did!
Thank you!

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:27 pm
Ugh so sorry you're dealing with this!! I would be going out of my mind. could be I'm wrong but to me this sounds more serious then just classic warts. I would go to your pediatrician/ dermatologist and see what they can do
Hatzlacha!!

happyness

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:29 pm
Molloscum?

If it’s that, it will pass in 18 months or so. Not fun but only temporary

Good luck!!

amother
Violet

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:32 pm
Definitely time for a dermatologist. Are you sure you're dealing with warts?

amother
Birch

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:34 pm
Are you sure it’s not mollescum?

amother
Electricblue

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:34 pm
Was just coming here to say it sounds like molluscum. I’m dealing with it now, not fun! Dr said it will go away on its own. Just don’t bathe her with anyone as it spreads easily in water. I found out the hard way Sad

amother
Mocha

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:38 pm
I’ve heard Havdalah wine is a segulah to get rid of warts

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:41 pm
Some of them go away with the medicated bandaid for warts. My poor toddler has them right on top of her eczema so there's nothing I can do. My pediatrician said the over the counter medicines don't work. He told me to try homeopathy which worked for some people. It didn't work for us.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 10:42 pm
My 3 yo has molloscum. She also has dry skin and eczema so she itched the first few and it spread to her stomach and both feet, but bh luckily only two tiny spots on her face.

I've been trying thuja 30. I don't know if it's working but it definitely makes me feel better if I feel like I've been trying to actively do something to get rid of it.

As others have said the most important thing is that she should not scratch it because when they burst that's how they spread.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:09 pm
Pediatrician said its warts, not molluscum. I thought waiting it out will help it pass as molloscum usually disappears after 18 months, buts its nearly 2 years and it keeps spreading.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:11 pm
Warts need to get frozen off if over the counter products don't help.

amother
Emerald

amother OP wrote:
Pediatrician said its warts, not molluscum. I thought waiting it out will help it pass as molloscum usually disappears after 18 months, buts its nearly 2 years and it keeps spreading.

Have you been to a dermatologist?

amother
Midnight

amother OP wrote:

ugh so sorry. have you been to a dermatologist? wonder if they would have more info for you

mummiedearest

Nail polish. Reapply daily until they fall off. Works like a charm and no tears.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:16 pm
amother OP wrote:

Sounds like you need a dermatologist.

But wanted to comment on what you said about duct taping the whole hand. As I understand, and duct tape worked for a couple of my children, but not all, the duct tape thing is to cause your immune system to fight back, so if you are able to get your immune system to fight back against the warts, you only need to duct tape (or vinegar) a few of the warts. Once the immune system realizes it needs to fight, it'll attack all the warts and get rid of them.

Also, would definitely do the duct tape thing in an area of the body which is less visible - will be less of a bother to the child and also in case it leaves any scars in the short term it'll be less of a problem.

But again, your case sounds extreme, and should be seen by a dermatologist.

faigie

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:19 pm
Years ago I had a wart on my toe that just wouldn’t go away. I put a slice on garlic on it, and kept it place with a bandaid. I slept with it on all night. In the morning, I removed the garlic slice, and saw that the wart had turned literally black. After a small panic attack, I saw that I was able to peel off the very dead black wart, to reveal perfectly healthy skin underneath!

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:26 pm
I’m baffled that you haven’t been to a dermatologist.

amother
Sage

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:27 pm
My daughters warts get spreading so the dermatologist scraped them off. I remember I also had mine scraped off as a child. My daughter is so happy she just did it

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:34 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
I’m baffled that you haven’t been to a dermatologist.

Who do you think froze them off, the grocer?
A derm was the first place I tried.

rockland

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 11:39 pm
Another tested method: Apple cider vinegar till they turn black and scrape off
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics