Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is Paris safe now , to visit for vacation?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 11:13 am
We found cheap tickets for June when my kids are off school after shavuos.(I'm in England) Is it very antisemitic there?

We can go to Milan, Brussels or Paris. I'd love to go to Milan but it's an expensive city to stay in. We won't have a car this vacation. Thanks.

giftedmom

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 11:28 am
Brussels is as bad or worse than Paris. Milan is probably your best option in terms of safety.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:06 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Brussels is as bad or worse than Paris. Milan is probably your best option in terms of safety.

Thank you.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:30 pm
Paris here. We live normally
I'm more worried about NY from what I see
You can check yidinfrance on insta

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:34 pm
Interestingly many of my daughter's classmates their parents fear sending them to England... I don't live like that

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:59 pm
Ah interesting, and good to hear from someone who's there!
Thanks so much Ruchel!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 1:08 pm
Can I pm you? Maybe you know of somewhere we can stay.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 1:12 pm
I find this interesting. The people who live in NY aren't scared and are living normally. They look at the news and think Europe is scary. The people in Europe aren't afraid and see the news and think the US is scary. What does that tell you?

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 1:14 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
I find this interesting. The people who live in NY aren't scared and are living normally. They look at the news and think Europe is scary. The people in Europe aren't afraid and see the news and think the US is scary. What does that tell you?

I've noticed... Média is poison

giftedmom

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 2:23 pm
amother Cherry wrote:

The fact of the matter is that Jews in France have been making Aliyah in big numbers due to safety concerns and that hasn’t happened in NY.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 2:41 pm
The fact is there is enormous propaganda for it and little help causing a ton of yerida
Ask mazone, the Jewish soup kitchen. I doubt Americans have this propaganda outside of certain circles. Most Mizrahi French Jews aren't long attached so it's easier. Plus it's a closer culture. Add to that politics and sentiments against A... And then you have this. At least help them. Teach them Hebrew well. Don't say they'll be among people who speak French and their neighbor can say bonjour. And then say French are clicked if they leave... Love it sweet and easy here personally.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 3:39 pm
We had a stopover there recently. My husband went around with his hat and rekel. No one said boo. We went on the train to the Eiffel tower and walked around downtown Paris. Plenty of people could have said things but didnt.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 3:44 pm
In Belgium we had one commet from a nice but awkward Jewish American lady telling us we shouldn't go around in Belgium with kippa it's dangerous and no one has a mezuza there. It's basically who will comment. This and the media

DrMom

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 3:45 pm
Ruchel wrote:
The fact is there is enormous propaganda for it and little help causing a ton of yerida

LOL. Are you actually using "yerida" to mean leaving Paris?

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 3:49 pm
DrMom wrote:

What?
Ok. Bullying is starting. Op contact me if you need. Stop the media. Life is sweet here. Crazies tho exist all over the world
Pamela Geller claims there will cv be no kippa left in NY. this is as true as what you read. I will report nasty oms and I remember now why I left the group several times, twisted words and sinas chinam.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 3:53 pm
Thanks everyone, this is really interesting! We aren't so far from Paris but it always seems to be worse antisemitism there than here in the UK 🤷‍♀️

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 3:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks everyone, this is really interesting! We aren't so far from Paris but it always seems to be worse antisemitism there than here in the UK 🤷‍♀️

From here it seems opposite, horrible videos and articles. Burkas and attacks and street prayers and Muslims officials talking against Jews... https://www.instagram.com/reel.....1eWM4

Of course you see fewer rekelech and long coats in a mostly Mizrahi community. But if you go to chassidic places you see them. And again kippot everywhere..at least where there are frum ppl

Of simches

I've had people at school tell me not to send my kid. But again I'm not a media zombie. Go and enjoy. Sorry won't intervene again

Last edited by Ruchel on Thu, May 16 2024, 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 4:13 pm
I would have expected such a question from an American, but a Brit?

Can just imagine yelling over La Manche — “it’s worse there!” “no, it’s worse there!”

Bottom line, there are nasty and nice/normal people everywhere.

imaima

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 4:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
We found cheap tickets for June when my kids are off school after shavuos.(I'm in England) Is it very antisemitic there?

We can go to Milan, Brussels or Paris. I'd love to go to Milan but it's an expensive city to stay in. We won't have a car this vacation. Thanks.

Yes but Paris is also expensive in June

imaima

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 4:17 pm
DrMom wrote:

She means that there is propaganda to move but no help with the actual move so people come back to france.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics